Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

05 Sport Trac side/door moldings

I was told by a ford tech today they were bolted on, guess I'll find out when I pull the door panel off, if it comes down to it I will just mask off around it for paint.
  2. B

05 Sport Trac side/door moldings

I can't seem to find a definite answer on how these come off. Are they glued on or bolted? Mine need painting from the clear coat peeling.
  3. B

Wheel bearing, removing inner race on 2wd??

I ended up cutting it out with the dremel, super easy. I got the loaner cups to install the races. The races are sitting in the freezer right now for easier installation.
  4. B

Guess I'll use my dremal with metal wheel and cut it off.
  5. B

Anyone have any tips or tricks to remove the inner race (big one)? The angle is hard to get a punch on.
  6. B

Wheel bearing change, Can I use 4x4 wheel hub on 2wd?

Thanks, I would have figured that out if I would have took off the wheel before asking..doh.
  7. B

Wheel bearing change, Can I use 4x4 wheel hub on 2wd?

I can't seem to find a wheel bearing/hub assembly for a 2wd 05 ford sportrac....All I can find is ones listed as 4x4...can I just use the wheel bearing/hub assembly from a 4x4? Or do I have to change the inner/outer bearing itself?
  8. B

Drivers outside door handle barely opens door.

Messed with the latch...lubed it up and door works like new again.
  9. B

Good Idea on checking the latch, I'll do that first since it's easiest... Power locks work great, thanks for the link in case I need to buy replacements.
  10. B

Thanks, I read those threads before I signed up. One thing is my handle isn't loose or anything, it has resistance when you pull and springs right back just as normal, just doesn't engage the latch till the very end of the pull.....ugh guess I'll have to pull it apart to look, was hoping someone...
  11. B

I have an 05 sportrac....when using my outside drivers door handle I noticed I had to pull it up further to open the door, now it only works on 1 out of 3 pulls up and will only unlatch the door when it's pulled all the way up to the limit of travel... Just seeing if anyone else has had this...
Back