Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

just hauling some trash to my local transfer station here in RI...
  2. O

Need help finding right 7 to 4 pin light adapter!

the part worked great! thanks for the help
  3. O

I asked a question on that item on Amazon and someone said it did not work because I need female end, and I think the person on Amazon was saying that Reese one was a male end, so male to male would not work...
  4. O

I am having a hard time finding the correct 7 way to 4 way adapter piece... http://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-74607-Wiring-Adapter/dp/B000CPI6VI?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t I asked a question on that item and people said it would not work... Can anyone help me? Here are some pics...
  5. O

My Ex so far, give me your thoughts!

Nice, looks great!
  6. O

HID headlights Suggestions

I have had nothing but good luck with VVME HID kits, both digital and analog kits work great for me.
  7. O

hid fog light question

Yes just order the 9145/H10 HID kit, you do not need to buy anything else, the kit will come with the right stuff to connect it to your stock harness.
  8. O

battery died

yes that is common for car batteries to do that.. they barely show any signs/warning of them dying... same thing happened on my 00 XLS and my wife's maxima, pretty much just died over night..
  9. O

03 XLT a/c issue..

thanks for the help! the guy i purchased it from has a mechanic he goes to, i might ask him if his mechanic does A/C work, if not, off to an A/C shop i guess! sucks i wasted $76 already trying to charge it up myself and the leak dye stuff too, but i didn't see any leaks where the dye stuff...
  10. O

03 XLT a/c issue..

bump... anyone?
  11. O

2000 Explorer fog light connector

you try any local junk yards around you?
  12. O

What is the brightest Halogen headlights for explorer?

PIAA's are very nice and bright, plus they last too...
  13. O

03 XLT a/c issue..

no one? should i just take it to someone?
  14. O

03 XLT a/c issue..

anyone?
  15. O

03 XLT a/c issue..

i bought my 03 XLT back in march, didn't really test the A/C since it was 40 degrees out... so once summer came, i turned it on, and nothing... the A/C button light comes on, but the compressor does not kick on at all.... i have the rear air option too, so i do believe that it calls for 56 oz...
  16. O

Headlight out

get a 4300k HID kit if you want pure white.. they almost have a slight tint of yellow to them... they look great
  17. O

double pull into park?

that happens on my 03 xlt, i think it happens with my parents 03 xlt too.. you just have to go slow while bringing the shift lever from either drive/reverse to park and it won't stop on you... if you go to fast it seems like it gets stuck... but just go slow with the gear shifter and it...
  18. O

2008 Eddie - Worth What $$$, Advice Please

$23k is high for the year/mileage .... cash price on that i would say around $15-$17k tops IMO
  19. O

How many explorers have you had?

on my 3rd.. 95 XLT 00 XLS 03 XLT great trucks! love em!
  20. O

Quick HID question

go with the 35w HIDs for the foglights
  21. O

P0171 and P0174 codes.

most likely it is your upper intake manifold gaskets.. very common problem, had the same codes/problem on my 00 OHV XLS too..
  22. O

need help with trailer lights/adapter plug

hey guys, i have an 03 xlt with the factory mount hitch, and it has this female plug for the lights/brakes etc for the trailer.. but my 6x10 utility trailer has just a 4 flat male plug.. so obviously i need the adapter that can make my 4 flat plug work for my trailer...
  23. O

Best Aftermarket Fog/Driving Lights?

PIAA / hella / CATZ make nice fog / driving lights.. as far as the best bulb type, they will come with the right bulb that is best for the housing of the light... like a h1 or h3 are common for fog lights/driving lights... hope this helps!
  24. O

Fog Light Bulbs ?

PIAA bulbs are really good.. i had nokya hyper yellows for a year with no problems.. until my truck was totaled by getting tboned... luminics are pretty good too i hear.. but you can get a vvme hid kit for $36 shipped with a 2 year warranty...
Back