Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Owned my 2005 SportTrac since October, 2016.

Owned my 2005 SportTrac since October, 2016.
  2. C

How to: Timing chain rattle resolution process - SOHC V6

2005 Explorer Sport Trac here, 116K miles. I just bought it last month. I can't help but notice a noise between 2K and 3K RPM that I'm worried is this timing chain issue being discussed here. When I test drove the truck I heard it but I mistook it for a tachometer head kind of noise. Hard to...
  3. C

2005, topped out at about 2000 rpm, 2 questions, video

I pulled away from a stop sign today in my (month old today since I bought it) 2005 XLT (now with 1169xx.x miles on the odometer). Got up to about 25 mph or so, about 2000 rpm or so, and it was like hitting a governor. That is to say that the engine sounded like it was revving up against a...
  4. C

Newbie with a 2005 with an interesting heater situation

Thank you for replying! I had thought that it might be a coolant level issue as well, like making a left turn would allow coolant to slosh inside the heater core or something, but the radiator is full and the expansion tank is in the normal range. If I rotate the dial to cool, temp levels...
  5. C

Newbie with a 2005 with an interesting heater situation

Hi there, Just joined the forum today and joined the ranks of Sport Trac owners last week with the purchase of a 2005 XLT and overall I'm liking it. I've noticed an interesting situation with the heater... when I turn left, the vents spew out an almost unbearable temperature of hotness. The...
  6. C

'ello 'ello 'ello!

New member 10/30/15. Just bought a 2005 Sport Trac a week ago. Everything seems to be working fine on it, but since I was a member of a Jeep Cherokee forum prior to this as a Cherokee owner and am aware of how vital these forums can be for advice and so forth, I figure it will be a good thing...
Back