Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. drgnrdr33

Heater blowing out top vents

Yesterday I replaced the vent mode actuator. Many thanks to @Killie for instructions in post #54 and to @96xj for the video in post #65. Both were really helpful. Actuator alignment hint: After replacing the actuator and connecting it to the wiring harness, I struggled to align the actuator...
  2. drgnrdr33

Need Brake Replacement Torque Specs

I'm also looking for 2015 Ex Sport brake torque specs, specifically the slide pin bolts and the caliper mounting bolts, both front and rear. The instructions included with Motorcraft front pads says the front slide pin torque is 76 Nm. This is a little more than the 72 Nm shown in a 2012 XLT...
  3. drgnrdr33

Oil Change interval

I purchased a used 2015 Sport with 12k miles from a Ford dealer. The dealer changed the oil before delivery. 5000 miles later I changed the oil out of habit. OLM said 50% left. I sent a sample to Blackstone for a baseline. They said the oil was good for at least 3000 more miles. I changed the...
  4. drgnrdr33

Sport Oil questions & Analysis

So why is 5W30 recommended for the 3.5L EcoBoost instead of 5W20? I assume it's because of the turbos. I ask because I purchased my 2015 Sport used from a Ford dealer. Before driving it off the lot they changed the oil and put in 5W20. I pointed out to both sales and service manager that...
Back