Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Knock Sensor location on the V8

Just to confirm this, they do not exist. The valley only contains the cylinder head temp sensor.
  2. S

Knock Sensor location on the V8

Can someone confirm the knock sensors do not exist on this version of the 3V or am I blind and not seeing them? I can see they are in the valley on the Mustang but I'm not seeing any on mine.
  3. S

Has anyone installed an Amerihood Ram Air hood?

I was once interested but it's more work than I care to dive into at the moment. I cant imagine too much to gain other than heat extractors. The ram effect does not come into play until after about 115+ mph. The heat extraction is what I really like about it, if they had a non-ram style hood...
  4. S

6R60 transmission upgrade to a 6R80 or swap.

You must be really thinking of the 5R55S. The 6R family is fairly robust. The main difference you'd want the 80 over the 60 would be if you near or exceed 400 ft lbs
  5. S

Anything else to look forward to?

Really? At this point who cares. You still own it... that's your own problem. Ranting and ranting will do nothing. they dont make them anymore so whats the point? Its CLEARLY a lemon.... I suggest mods shut down this thread.
  6. S

Current good shops selling tuners; 4.6 3V

It will allow you to run octane levels above 87 such as 91 or 93. The higher the octane the greater the gains. I'm not exact on the numbers but something like 87/8hp, 97/12hp and 93/15-18 hp increases. As well as near instant throttle response vs the sleepy stock setting. You can adjust shift...
  7. S

Flowmaster 40 Single Exhaust Power Boost

Edit... OP has no resonator... eat your heart out to whatever suits you. The stock heavy/packed resonator and single pipe design on our trucks has to be cutting back a few ponies. They were using a dual pipe setup there. Also, Flowmasters do not flow particularly well vs the others. Your point...
  8. S

Should I Try This ?

NO. Ive seen engines toast themselves shortly after a random ebay device was used. May not be the case here.. but for what it is... I'd steer clear. Remember, you will always get what you pay for.
  9. S

Considering a Gen IV Explorer

Not to shame all over the V6 but I never understood why it was even an option. Lacks serious power, unless you enjoy waiting and mpg is basically no different... or worse than the V8 option. Drivetrain loss is nearly 28% through the 6R60 4WD... just let that sink in a moment. I love my 3...
  10. S

new to me 2007 V8 4X4 Limited

Check all the hose connections and the base of the trans cooler ports on the radiator. Mine ended up with a pinhole leak at the drivers side trans line connection. If you have any type of OBD scanner monitor your temps. if you are leaking or losing pressure in the system you will expect higher...
  11. S

Anything else to look forward to?

I'm highly suspicious that your ride is a LEMON. Well maintained these things will last.
  12. S

Flowmaster 40 Single Exhaust Power Boost

Placebo. I highly doubt you gained anything using the stock piping. Flowmasters just make noise and not very good noise at that. Open that thing up and get you a real 3" setup and you'll be more impressed. I went with the Gibson swept side but ended up adding an 18" dynomax resonator in front to...
  13. S

Current good shops selling tuners; 4.6 3V

I used Brenspeed and 5star tuning for mine. I prefer the 5star 91 hands down. You need to listen for pinging on the first editions of your tune and tell them when it happens should it do so. Depending on maintenance at this point you may encounter that. I had performed a complete stage 0 beforehand.
  14. S

07 explorer 4.6l v8 bolt ons

Back to the real world, stock your only barely putting about 2xx hp/tq down to the wheels. You can dump all the money into it as you please, if you want 400hp crank go look at supercharger setups. Power loss via the drivetrain is around 28% with the 6r60. If you want a slight seat of the pants...
  15. S

Resonant sound from new K&N intake

First, I understand this is nearly a year old thread but this forum isn't nearly as active as I wish it were.. Someone stumbling on here may want an answer. With that said, the resonance your hearing is more than likely the CMCV butterflies opening up and that transitional period creates that...
  16. S

Need Gibson Exhaust Decibel Level

Hello, this is my first post here so hello whomever may read this. :chug: I recently purchased an 08' Sport Trac with the 4.6 and of course I want to hear it. So I have already, the Gibson 319901 Catback system ready to install. However, I am worried that I will end up exceeding my local...
Back