Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

1999 Ford Explorer - No Reverse??? PLZ help

Hi guys , this morning I got in to my 99 Ex 2 wdr OHV , and warm it for about 10 min , I put it in reverse and nothing , for about the last 3 month when I put it in reverse and than into drive it would kinda not move for 3 seconds but than it will go forward , but this morning no reverse I did...
  2. A

Rear Suspension help

BTW , you are also missing the spare tire and probably the hoist to hold the tire too .
  3. A

Rear Suspension help

Hi there , you can try a junk yard , cut it and welded , good luck :-)
  4. A

98' Explorer Non-stop anti theft Alarm help

Hi there , my 99 doesn't have a OEM alarm , but just a thought and I'm not sure if it may help , but try to take the fuse/relay for the alarm off , not sure if it will allow you to start the car or not ! there should be also a way to put it on stand by mode ! hopes this helps :-)
  5. A

Not getting hot enough after New Radiator

Ha ha , yeap that's what I meant I figure since its the core that's what is call , but yea its 4 rows , and the original was 2 rows :-)
  6. A

Hi J_C , I did the work , not my first rodeo , the thermostat comes with the gasket already on it and the hole its on top and on the correct orientation , the radiator it much thinker so it cools more it for a 5.0 and I have a 4.0 , the original radiator was 1/4 core and this one its full core...
  7. A

Thanks 96firephoenix , I will deff try that .
  8. A

Hey koda2000 , true , the thermostat I got is a 198degrees , I do get heat if I drive for more 30 or 45 minutes , with the old radiator I would get heat with out the needle falling to almost cold within 15 to 20min , I did get one of those fail safe thermostat , not sure if that's the problem ...
  9. A

Hi Guys , its starting to get cold here in MA , I change my radiator on my 99 Ex 4.0 auto , they gave me a full core instead of the 1/4 core , so now it takes allot more fluid but that is not the problem , I only notice the radiator was full core instead of 1/4 core so I thought better for me ...
  10. A

Park brake adjuster

Hmm I have never try that , good tip , I have done it on my 97 and 99 , I think I cry a little :-)
  11. A

Park brake adjuster

Hey BruceLogan , make sure you start early and don't drink !! that will make it impossible to do this job , it looks very simple but damn who ever came up with that stupid setup should be slap !! I mean it such a PITA !! specially with the 2 springs ! I left one out cuz it started to rain (my...
  12. A

Ignition Switch/lock replacement...

Hi RomeovilleIL , I might need to change the ignition on my eventually but I only have 1 key , why are 2 needed ? Thank you
  13. A

'99 Explorer 4.0 OHV Running Rough

The safes way to change plugs and wires is to do one at a time and you'll never go wrong :-)
  14. A

Need extension / swivel / square drive adapter / for 96 4.0 spark plug replacement?

Hmm , I used one ratchet and maybe 2 extensions with a swivel and I don't gap , I have heard when the plugs come with the paper covering the electrode that gapping was not necessary , its that true ? I have never had problems with plugs :-)
  15. A

Transmission Shifting Problem, '98 XLT 4WD, 4.0 L V6 SOHC, 5R55E

Hi archer973 , glad all turn out right for you , I appreciate the time you took to post from the beginning to the end results , I guess what I learn from it ,tranny problem ! replace it with a rebuilt one instead from a junk yard :-)
  16. A

Radiator Problems

Hi Invidious , I didn't have to messed with mine , heck I didn't even have to take the shroud or fan blades , I search youtube and they guy did mention the clip , but for some reason I didn't have to mess with it , I have a 99 Ex auto , do a youtube search it might be easier :-)
  17. A

Fuel filter fuel lines won't come off

Hmm I forgotten about that one too !! :-)
  18. A

Tranny issues.

hey try Dr Tranny shudder fixx and or Lucas oil transmission fix , before you do anything big , if it works than go from there :-)
  19. A

damn that makes sense , I try and try and gave up !! I will surely try to push the damn filter in again for the millionth time :-) Thank you !
  20. A

they say if you take off the fuel cap will allow the pressure to be release :-)
  21. A

All you need to know about keyless entry

Hi cwol97401 , I'm not sure that I have seen that under the dash , but I will check it out :-) Thank you
  22. A

To change or Not to change That is my question :-)

Thank you very much koda2000
  23. A

To change or Not to change That is my question :-)

Hi guys , I did a little search here but didn't find an answer , my question is I have a 99 Ex auto 4.0 2x4 , not sure what tranny I have but its auto , it has 255,000 and I'm guessing that the tranny fluid is never been change , so what are the pros and cons on changing the tranny fluid ? and...
  24. A

97 5.0 awd gauge swap

Hey tjverras89 , I have install this faces in many different cars , you don't need to take the needles out (learn the hard way on my first ) and you can change colors on most of them , that's if you don't want to take a chance the new cluster not working with your Ex :-)
  25. A

97 5.0 awd gauge swap

Hey MAS Tequila , you can buy the white gauge face on Ebay for $24.00 , I'm thinking on buying them , they go over the old ones tho ! :-)
Back