Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

96 5.0 Swap into 98 Chassis

I have the 4406 t case and that's the one I will be using. my t case has the speed sensor in it and the v8 trans I will be mounting it to had the speed sensor in the tail housing, so all is well and good there. the speed sensor in the rear end will just end up being a dummy plug. what Im...
  2. T

This is going into a 98 Sport... Forgot to mention that
  3. T

I have the complete powertrain out of a 96 5.0 2wd explorer to swap into my 98 4x4. I have an f150 4r70w that Im going to steal the output shaft, tail housing, and manual transfer case from. My question is will there be any wiring differences between the 96-98? I know it wont have PATS. But...
  4. T

For Sale 4406 Manual Transfer Case

Complete 4406 manual transfer case with shift linkage. from 97 f150. Will post pictures later. located in Weirton, WV. Asking $250 + Shipping.
  5. T

Rust Quarter Panels and Rockers

Yes thats what im wondering.
  6. T

Rust Quarter Panels and Rockers

Looking for some help on repairing the quarters. The rockers i was planning to use counter sunk rivets with slip on rockers then use body putty to blend them in. I took the flares off. Id rather not have them but this is what was underneath. Ignore the bent portion that was from a wheel falling...
  7. T

98 Sport 5.4 2V Swap

The hydroboost will definitely fix the fitting issue on the left side. Im hoping i can just do a basic cut/fiber glass the heater box. It would be nice to keep a/c but its not required. Heres a few pictures of my sport. Wanted to try out the image attachment function. Its a 98 sport, TT...
  8. T

98 Sport 5.4 2V Swap

Ive got the 4r70w and 4406 manual transfer case. The transmission is getting rebuilt and a shift kit before installation. Just got a steal on a hydroboost brake setup from a mustang gt. Going to be picking up a 96 5.0 pcm, gem, and engine/transmission wiring harness
  9. T

98 Sport 5.4 2V Swap

Im considering a 2 or 3 inch body lift if needed to help with fitment
  10. T

98 Sport 5.4 2V Swap

I want to try and keep the a/c and heat. I may have to notch the box. Im going to run a hydroboost setup from a mustang to help with clearances on that side
  11. T

98 Sport 5.4 2V Swap

Going to be putting a 5.4 2v backed by a 4r70w and 4406 manual t case into my 98 sport. I know the simple solution is to just put the 5.0 in it. But i already have the 5.4 sitting in the garage and picking up a trans and transfer case tomorrow. Ive been doing alot of researching and reading...
  12. T

Fuel mileage going from stock wheels/tires to larger tires

My Explorer is a 98 Sport 4.0 SOHC. I run 32x11.50x15 Mud Claws aired up to 32psi. It has the factory 4.10 gears. best mileage I've ever gotten was 14mpg all highway on a trip to Ohio from PA. that was hand calculated.
  13. T

Starkman's Explorer build thread

Starkman, I'm interested in installing one of those bumpers on my explorer. I read your post saying its a smittybilt. But what is the model number? Is it 76721?
Back