Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

The Ford rep continued to insist that paint is a part of the 36 bumper to bumper warranty that has expired, I started quoting out of the warranty guide about the 5 year warranty on the aluminum panels. Then she went off to "look into it" and came back telling me to take the car to the dealer to...
  2. S

Ill be darned.....you are right. Thanks. I will be calling them again, with the warranty booklet in hand.
  3. S

Just noticed bubbling on our 2016. It is 4 months out of bumper to bumper warranty. Read up on the subject and called Ford being very skeptical they will do anything. As expected, they told me to go suck an egg. Paint is a part of of the 36 month warranty and thats expired so this is now my...
  4. S

2016-17 Sport / Platinum Exhaust Tips

You would need to buy the lower bumper valance, the chrome exhaust trim panels and their support mounts. You would also need to cut off your exhaust tips and may need to rework the remaining tail pipe to fit/tuck behind the new exhaust panels. I was doing the opposite of what you are trying to...
  5. S

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

One important negative about the Borla system that I forgot about. It requires that the OEM pipes be cut. The Livernois system is bolts to the OEM flanges and does not require any cutting.
  6. S

Livernois T460

Here is the video of essentially this package that shows you what the exhaust will look like. Since, I painted the back of the mufflers with flat black hi-temp paint. I think it looks better, as the muffler's don't stand out as much against the cutout. You can say, that it makes the unfinished...
  7. S

Borla will work with the OEM chrome exhaust panels so it will look stock. Livernois requires that the panels be removed. I also thing the Borla sounds a bit better. The piping on the Borla is smaller, though it really doesn't matter.
  8. S

Livernois T460

I have all the items listed in the package. Not sure what to say about it. Be aware that the exhaust tips, will not work with your chrome exhaust panels. I have removed the panels and their plastic mounts. It looks reasonable, though somewhat unfinished.
  9. S

Wanted: Explorer V6 Ecoboost Catted Downpipes

Looking for Explorer V6 Ecoboost Catted Downpipes for reasonable money. Let me knowknow if you have a set you would like to sell. Thanks
  10. S

2018 Explorer SPORT tune and exhaust?

Could you advise on who makes downpipes for the Sport besides Livernois? By the way, if anyone has a used set for sale for reasonable money, I would be interested. Thanks
  11. S

Got Livernois?

Well, once you start looking for an explorer catback, you will realize that your options are very limited. Livernois for $1.4k or so and the Magnaflow that you can get for less than half (I would stay away from it unless you want to show off rusty mufflers). Granted, I last checked a year or so...
  12. S

Got Livernois?

The stock intake draws from behind the grill, so yes, it is much better in that respect. Dealers don't like to see these type of mods. Some are more mod friendly than others and sounds like already know where your stands on the subject. Is something goes wrong with the engine they may very...
  13. S

Got Livernois?

What do you mean outside? I dont understand the question. You will inevitably get some hot airwater from underneath the hood into the intake box which is open on top and is supposed ot seal against the bottom of the hood. But it doesnt really sealdon't.
  14. S

Got Livernois?

Yes it does. It has a gasket on top, but it does not reach the top the hood. There is still a gap.
  15. S

Plasti Dip on Mufflers

The reason I did not buy a magnaflow system, though it was very very cheap. The 409 greade stainless steel will develop surface rust. I would paint it all with black high temp paint, if I was to install one. Plastidip is definitely not the way to go here.
  16. S

Lowering the Explorer

You do know that the function of vehicle springs is more than just to set the height, right? It would be an understatement to say that what you did jeopardizes the handling of your vehicle and the safety of its occupants. Yes, you should not concern yourself with how high or low the front sits...
  17. S

Tuning options for 2016 Sport???

What are you guys talking about. The natural state of a 5k lb vehicle is standing still. Adding even 100hp is not going to make it a whole of a lot faster. It has nothing to do with its country of origin. Physics apply equally on evey continent.
  18. S

The LMS exhaust requires that you loose the exhaust panels on the 16 and 17. There is no ifs or maybes about it. If you want to keep them, you need to cut off the tips, weld new hangers on and bend the left over outlet pipes upward to match up to the panel. Or you can get the lower bumper trim...
  19. S

Magnaflow mufflers are made our of 400 series grade stainless steel. They will develop surface rust. They may not rust through, but 400 series ss is guaranteed to develop surface rust within months and look like sht. MF says so themselves on their web site. I would not touch that crap with a ten...
  20. S

common mods...

You are confusing gauge and absolute pressure. The 2bar sensor reads to 14.x psi gauge, which is about 29psi absolute.
  21. S

How does a FI exhaust need backpressure to operate? You want the least backpressure possible to let the turbine spin freely. a turbine operates via a pressure ratio. For a given turbine inlet pressure, you will get the highest pressure ratio across the turbine when you have the lowest possible...
  22. S

Lowering the Explorer

Explorer specific H&Rs. Whatever drop they specify. It looks and.drives great
  23. S

Lowering the Explorer

I could not feel ANY difference in driving on normal pavement. Neither could my wife. My guess is that the spring rate increase is marginal and it is more likely to bottom out if taken offroad or on large bumps. Doesn't concern me as it will never see anything beyond gravel and we avoid or slow...
  24. S

common mods...

Without a tune, nothing that one can bolt on will do anything. The ECU will manage torque output to a preset value and a tune revises torque management and unlocks the potential for further gains. Once you remove torque management, some parts can show some gains without a tune tweak. Something...
Back