Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2006 Explorer runs fine, dies, then runs good next day???

it will start back up and idle rough and not take the gas (pressing gas pedal) and then I can turn it off, let it sit for a few minutes then will be fine for a while
  2. M

yeah, everything else works fine, radio, lights, etc.. and it might go a week or so and be fine, but then do it again. I am dropping it off at the dealer first of the week, maybe they can figure this out
  3. M

well update on this situation, I had the fuel pressure regulator switch changed a week after the original post (4/16) and truck did great untill 12/6/16 and died on me again, and had a different code this time they said it was for the fuel pump and a code for the fuel pump driver module. I had...
  4. M

Where is the Fuel Pump Control Module Located?

I did a search here and on google with no luck, but where is the Fuel Pump Control Module located on a 2006?
  5. M

anyone tried one of these plug & play direct replacement head units?

does your truck have the factory subwoofer, mine does will the still work?
  6. M

ebay roof rack cross bars?

anyone here tried the aftermarket roof cross bars from ebay? or have any recommendations for some cross bars? http://www.ebay.com/itm/110740086038?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  7. M

why no wheel & tire thread in this forum??

please do, every mustang forum that i am a member of has a wheel & tire thread for each generation!
  8. M

anyone tried one of these plug & play direct replacement head units?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-Car-DVD-Player-g-GPS-Radio-Bluetooth-Touch-Screen-Stereo-for-Ford-MAP-/252375080512?fits=Year%3A2006%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AExplorer&hash=item3ac2ba1e40:g:MigAAOSw9~RXJoGU&vxp=mtr seems like a good price, just wondering if anyone has any experience with it?
  9. M

my point exactly!, Thank you! if there was a thread for 06-10 wheels & tires, post your explorer and wheel and tire specs anyone could look through to see wheel and tire options without all this work as you say...
  10. M

how would i know the wheel specs on someone's explorer ?
  11. M

but you have to search through 50/11 threads and other pics to get to a 06-10 model it would be so cool to have only 06-10 wheel & tire pics specs here at top
  12. M

Show off your Wheels

subscribing
  13. M

YEAH, but that forum is for all years no?
  14. M

why no wheel & tire thread in this forum?? sticky at top with 06-10 wheel & tire pics & specs?
  15. M

i have a 2006 explorer with 4.0 engine and 105k miles , and last week while going to lunch it ran perfect, but after lunch was hard to start and when it did finally start it was running very rough and i drove it about 100 feet and it died! I had it towed to the mechanic and he said the next day...
  16. M

What do you guys think of this exhaust ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161491823535?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  17. M

Sound Quality of aftermarket Radio in 06?

I ended up just using a PAC aux adapter that plugs inline between the factory radio harness and oem radio, sounds great. I have it plugged into a bluetooth adapter to stream music and phone calls wireless Total project cost me 69$ total I decided i like the way the factory stereo sounds too...
  18. M

ScanGauge Fuel Pressure? xGauge codes?

I am trying to get my ScanGauge II to show the fuel pressure on my 2006 but not having any luck by using the xGauge codes on their site. anyone have any experience with this?
  19. M

yeah i have steering wheel controls, will i need the resister to keep the amp from "popping" with this kit? and is there a write up on installing this resister and extra ground? thanks for the help and crutchfield sells you the install kit for half-price if you buy a radio from them
  20. M

thanks for the reply this is the install kit i am looking at http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541RP4FD11/PAC-RP4-FD11-Wiring-Interface.html?tp=3486 will this require a resister you think?
  21. M

New member here, I got a 2006 Mountaineer about 2 months ago and I am thinking about changing the radio in it. I have the factory 6 disc cd changer head unit with the factory 8" subwoofer in the rear, my question is, if i change the factory radio to a aftermarket head unit will this effect...
Back