Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Help with tranny problem

T/C lock up Do you have the 5r55e tainy? and iS it a 4.0l eng ? I think you are right, sol. not functioning. If this is the case, you should get a PO 7?? code. Have her take it to autozone to retrieve code. Also, on the 4r44/55e 5r44e/5r55e trainy there is a tsb calling for an upgrade to the...
  2. F

Hesitation on acceleration

I have checked several post and cannot find one that fits exactly like my issue. My daughters 2000 expl. sport 4.0 sohv has never given a single problem until now. Right after starting, the engine suddenly started to surge (very powerfully) while driving at speeds under 45 mph. Idle is perfect...
  3. F

Transmission 5R55E slipping, OD blinking

update, changed EPC solenoid and checked torque on valve bolts(used a good t.w. that shows in/lbs) changed fluid and filter. Problem still exsist. I have looked at a thousand threads and cannot find anyone who has had a specific code "PO733 third gear ratio incorrect". Threads seemed to point to...
  4. F

5R55E od light blinking

update, changed EPC solenoid and checked torque on valve bolts(used a good t.w. that shows in/lbs) changed fluid and filter. Problem still exsist. I have looked at a thousand threads and cannot find anyone who has had a specific code "PO733 third gear ratio incorrect". Threads seemed to point to...
  5. F

ok thanks. Am going to pick up parts and will keep you posted. Thanks for your help!
  6. F

GLfredrick ok, am going to replace solenoiod anyway. Just trying to eliminate other possiblities. I have tried running down other problems that may have ocurred with the PO733 code, but feel like I am in the right area. Any other checks on the PO733 code "Gear 3 Incorrect ratio" that you know of?
  7. F

Glfredrick, thanks. I am going to pull EPC solenoiod today and replace the bracket. I can't help but feeling that the solenoiod shouldn't be able to rotate while in it's bracket and valve body. I just don't know if this condition would allow/cause a pressure drop. Any thoughts on this rotation...
  8. F

On my 2000 ex sport my OD light is blinking. Tranny is slipping in what I believe to be between gears 2 and 3. Have all the usual symptoms, increase in rpm's before shifting, shifts hard when finally engages in gear, etc. I ran the codes and got "P0733 Gear 3 Incorrect ratio". I pulled the pan...
  9. F

5R55E od light blinking

I should have mentioned, exp. only has 43,000 miles. Fluid was in extremely good shape, nice red color, no unusal odor. Pan had only dust shavings. No other codes were present when tested. Tried taking it out of OD, the slipping did not seem as pronounce, but was still there.
  10. F

5R55E od light blinking

Transmission 5R55E od light blinking On my 2000 ex sport,43000 miles,V6 4.0 ohv, my OD light is blinking. Tranny is slipping in what I believe to be between gears 2 and 3. Have all the usual symptoms, increase in rpm's before shifting, shifts hard when finally engages in gear, etc. I ran the...
Back