Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2020 Explorer ST lunges back and forth after takeoff

It is the second time it has happened. 1st time it was me only in the car and second time I picked up a person and when I took off in an Explorer when it made sudden acceleration, I was pressing on brakes and it was basically going back on forth. Really strange. Never had any issues with an...
  2. F

Scheduling an appointment for a recall

I called Dana Ford, one of the biggest Ford dealerships in the East and I was trying to schedule an appointment for a rear camera recall and exhaust rattle. They told me that my appointment will be in 2 month. Has anyone else experienced these long wait times? Maybe the pandemic has hit the...
  3. F

Things You Would Like to See in the Explorer / Aviator

If anyone have any Russian friends that might be able to code the active park assist so that it can be pressed with a remote control. If it could self park with a press of a button, they can do it via remote control too.
  4. F

Explorer Code P0332

Check engine light was on. I went to my local Ford service this morning. They said that they were busy and I had to leave a car there for the rest of of the day and call them after 3pm, will have to leave the car with them over the weekend and did not give me a timetable. I had to get to work...
  5. F

What is this sound?

Probably a stupid question, but what is this sound at 3:30 in the video when he starts the car. Pretty cool sound it makes for a few seconds just as he starts his car from Miami Vice. Maybe it was only that it took a second or 2 for when turning the ignition in those days, maybe an alternator.
  6. F

16 XP Sport tire pressure, PSI question

I took out my truck for a ride this afternoon. I bought it in February and it has been staying in a garage over nights. Got the yellow light, low tire pressure warning this morning, left front and left rear has 27 PSI, right side has 28 PSI. XP Sport came with the Hankook tires. It might be due...
  7. F

Solved Swap in platinum speedo / cluster??

I was looking at the speedometer cluster in the Platinum trim and I really liked how it looks. I think its a next generation type. Does anyone know the part number for it? I am planning to install it in my Sport and I am guessing that the wiring will be the same?. I have an old buddy who works...
  8. F

Which cold air intake system is better

I am planning to add a cold air intake for 12hp and sound. Which one is better, the Mdesignperformance fiber cold air intake or K@N Cold air intake?
  9. F

Rear middle fascia got scratched, need suggestions

Can independent Ford dealerships mark up their prices on parts? I went into the top East coast dealership a few days ago because my rear middle fascia, about a foot long got scratched. I gave them my VIN and the part was ordered cost $95.70. I came to pick up the part today and took it out of...
  10. F

Active park assist for Ford Explorer 2016 Sport as an option

I got a 16 Sport XP about a month ago with a 401A package, but when I was building it on Ford's website, Sport one did not mention Active Park Assist? Does anyone know if Sport comes with that option? I would be surprised if it did not as it comes with other nice options and features.
  11. F

MFT automatically switching to phone Yellow menu

I have a problem with MFT. When I switch from Park to reverse or in the mornings when I first start, back up, go forward...the MFT switches the screen to yellow phone screen although I was always previously on the main menu. From that Yellow screen I cant tap it on settings or home screen. It is...
  12. F

What is everyone paying for their 16 Explorer's? I just put a deposit down.

Hi. I just came back from dealership. I presented my TrueCar certificate and the salesperson / manager honored it. It is a 49K+ Ford Explorer Sport with 401A package and some other smaller packages. I got a $4,686 off MSRP so the selling price was 44K+, all fees included except for tax and...
Back