Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I agree. QC cab be an issue but from what I found, they'll fix out. When you build 1,000 F-150s a day at two plants, you can't slow down. My dealer hasn't failed me yet so might as well let them refinish it and if it comes back I'll be prepared if they put up a fight.
  2. F

Good to hear! What was the time from 80,000 miles to 153,000 miles to see how long it held up? Ford is holding firm all they will warranty is a refinishing, not a new hood. Tricia - already have a case open, 30,000 miles. Your peer Crystal on F150Ecoboost had that going for me. Thanks!
  3. F

I have poured over the multiple threads regarding the 2011+ Ford Explorer hood paint bubbling. Obviously this is an ongoing issue if it is still affecting new vehicles. What I want to try and gather together in this thread, is what resolution did you achieve, how did you get to that point...
  4. F

Paint bubbling on 2014 Explorer

Any pics?
  5. F

Paint bubbling on 2014 Explorer

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just bought a used '14 Explorer XLT for my wife and noticed the paint bubbling under the front lip of the hood. I don't have this on my F150 but will keep an eye on it. Thankfully we are still under the 3/36 and have an appointment to get the remote start...
Back