Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Vent control issue - only dash/floor or defrost/floor

OK SO LAST WEEK MY FORD TECH & MYSELF @ THE FORD DEALERSHIP WHERE I WORK PULLED THE DASH ON MY 2002 V8 EXPLORER XLT. EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY WITH THE HELP OF A SEASONED VETERAN TECH. WE REPLACED THE AIR VENT ASY (5L2Z 18471 AA) TO THE DEFROST WHICH HAD A BROKEN PLASTIC ROD. VOILA I NOW HAVE...
  2. C

Rear end binding 4x4 auto

IF UR EXPLORER HAS LIMITED SLIP LIKE MY 02 V8 XLT 4X4 MY GUESS WOULD BE TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE CLUTCHES IN THE REAR DIFF FOR THE LIMITED SLIP. MINE ARE MAKING A TONNE OF NOISE ESPECIALLY ON TURNS. IVE TRIED A BUNCH OF THINGS WITH NO RESULTS, SO AT THE END OF THE DAY IM GONNA HAVE TO PULL...
  3. C

my a/c works great. a/c cool air comes out of the front of the dash not the top. only issue for me is very poor airflow to the windshield for defrost in the fall & winter. no easy fix unfortunately. I have to pull the dash soon before fall and replace the broken heater plenum (vac motor is...
  4. C

ok so my problem is exactly the same as yours. gotta pull the dash and replace the heater plenum as per my previous post
  5. C

my issue was very poor airflow to defrost vents, but lots to floor even though heater set to full defrost setting ok after working on this problem for a while I've figured it out. I work at a ford dealership in Chilliwack BC in the parts dept. one of the techs diagnosed it for me. there are...
  6. C

4x4 high flashing occasionally

so it happened again this time I counted the flashing high lamp which flashed 7 times. 4x4 shifted fine though
  7. C

just to clarify my abs lamp never came on, but after the first time the 4x4 high lamp flashed on and off while I was driving to work we scanned for codes and it had c1237 stored so for the 40 dollar gamble I replaced the rear ABS sensor on the diff. all my wheel bearings front and rear are...
  8. C

on my 2002 4.6 explorer XLT twice now in 1 month of driving it, the 4x4 high lamp flashes for that drive cycle. I scanned for codes and C1237 came up. so I replaced the rear abs sensor in the diff. but a few weeks later the flashing lamp happened again. it shifts into 4x4 fine so I'm...
Back