Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I finally got around to blacking out the grille and rear chrome piece. Door handles will be done next
  2. M

SMD194's This thread will help a bit: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-explorer-led-interior-swap-puddle-lamps-diy.326988/
  3. M

When every single light is on, its bright inside but i look at it this way....I rarely need EVERY light on. If i need to read something up front, then one map light is perfect. If somebody drops something on the floor in the back and asks for the lights to be turned on, then you want it as...
  4. M

I finally got around to doing an interior lights LED swap. View from inside : View from outside:
  5. M

Thanks Summers22!! Yup, its vinyl.
  6. M

Light smoke on the headlight + med smoke on tails.
  7. M

Today I mounted my stock rims which I had powdercoated in satin black. Hoping for some smaller mods to come this weekend.. poss a light smoke on head lights and tail lights
  8. M

Yep, it fights right back on , no probs at all
  9. M

No issues with the install at all! Literally just plug n play. Took about 20 mins to install. Very nice light and gives the truck a modern look. 9005 bulb
  10. M

Not really exciting but i swapped out my horrible halogens for LED's today. Im very satisfied with the results. Had a friend drive towards me and said they are not blinding or obnoxious at all. Great light spread on dark roads too! I was afraid they were gonna be really "directional" This pic...
  11. M

Good question! Mine didnt clip in perfectly but are on there pretty snug. It was only after I glued them shut when i thought about glueing the bulbs in.... Im a bit worried now that after some bumps they may pop out lol My advice would be to glue them down somehow
  12. M

Yup, it was soo easy! I used a 12 x LED (31mm festoon)
  13. M

Sorry, the tag lights are the licence plate lights. For the puddle lamps, all i did was: - popped the assembly out of the mirror with a tiny screwdriver - put the assembly in the oven at 235 def F for about 10 mins to loosen up the glue - then i just pryed the lens of with the same small...
  14. M

Well, i just got my '13 XLT the other day so I havent done much yet however... I did swap out the puddle lights and tag light for LED's ... Very happy with the outcome!!! I just wish the tag lights were a bit more white than blue Hoping to black out the grill plus side and rear chrome strips...
  15. M

3 Times an Explorer Owner, 1st day on the Forum

Greeting all!! Just another newb to the board. Recently picked up a '13 XLT here in Toronto... Looking fwd to reading and sharing on this board!
Back