Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

Peter - thanks. I read that thread as well, though I suspect that it may not apply to me, as I bought my car CPO and am the 2nd owner. Regardless, if the pad/rotor were damaged as a result of the caliper seizing, those parts should be covered by the warranty claim. Deysha responded back to me...
  2. J

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

I just had my rear passenger side caliper seize on me while driving home from NYC Sunday (I live outside DC). After taking my car to the dealer, I was told that the caliper was bad and would be covered by my Extended Warranty, but that I would be responsible for pads and rotors which doesn't...
  3. J

Replace Front Controls Interface Module (Sony Faceplate)

Bumping up for an update - i've started to see some more parts show up on Car-part.com....has anyone tried this yet? Taking my EXP in for service today - will ask to see if it's feasible when I go
  4. J

LED Headlight Conversions

You should be fine. All posts on this forum that i've read (along with Amazon reviews of the kit related to the Explorer) suggested that the dust covers will not fit, but that the fan assembly used for the LED kit is water resistant enough. An alternative option that some have done is cutting...
  5. J

LED Headlight Conversions

Did the swap over the weekend, and installed the OPT7 LED kit a few have recommended on this thread. Install was relatively painless - dust covers would not go back on, but I expected that. Everything else was plug and play. I zip-tied the wiring to clean it up, and I was back on the road...
  6. J

Anyone else have problems with their second row inflatable seat belts?

No issues thus far with ours....not quite 48k miles on our 2013 XLT with BLIS
  7. J

Location of 2013 Explorer Service Button

The youtube video that you're referencing is showing for an Expedition. The Explorer is a completely different vehicle with a different set of functionality. Based on the video you linked to, the service button was something utilized for older vehicles that didn't have the LCD's in the guage...
  8. J

Some help understanding why some Explorers show OBD Data and others do not.

I was thinking this too I wasn't sure if the intention was discussing the 3.5 vs 3.7 that's in the Interceptor variant, but I knew something was off...
  9. J

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Great info. One clarification to point out though The premium sound system in the XLT does not have a sub if i recall correctly - only the Sony system in the higher level specs has one.
  10. J

Instrument Cluster Crack/ Warranty Issue

Was this a dealer service rep? Or a regional rep? As others have said, if it's a dealer rep, i'd find a different dealer. I see no reason why this would be denied.
  11. J

SYNC Services vs. TravelLink

Thanks Rebecca! PM Sent!
  12. J

SYNC Services vs. TravelLink

Hi gang. As i've been getting more familiar with my explorer, one question that I keep trying to figure out is what is the difference between SYNC Services and Travellink. I know SYNC services has the $60 cost after the 3 year trial (not sure that 3 year limit applies to CPO vehicles, but I'll...
  13. J

Finally Pulled the Trigger

I'll definitely miss my G37, but being that this was my 2nd one (i had a 2010 prior - leased both of them), it's time to move on. Right now i'm enjoying the benefit of having both since the Infiniti doesn't get turned in til 3/1 - a good thing since that's AWD as well! I'm driving that today...
  14. J

Finally Pulled the Trigger

Congrats! I'm making a similar move myself (just bought a 2013 XLT and coming from a 2013 G37xS sedan). I'm outside of DC - definitely glad to have the truck for this weekend's fun!
  15. J

Driver Seat and Foot Well Complaints

agreed - really the only ergonomic gripe I could muster
  16. J

Driver Seat and Foot Well Complaints

Well granted, what you're describing can easily be considered subjective. That said, I personally find the Explorer seats to be incredibly comfortable. I had a 2011 Exp as a rental when they first came out, and just recently bought a CPO 2013. I will admit, I'm personally more of a Sport seat...
  17. J

Buying a 2012 Explorer - Nervous about MFT Issues (please advise)

We bought our 2013 CPO Explorer just under 2 weeks ago...not only has MFT been fine, but comments i've gotten from friends i've spoken with over the phone, etc. say it's the best bluetooth system they've ever heard (at least from a sound quality perspective). They honestly can't tell the...
  18. J

My friend just got IDS and its so fun

so spend $150+ on the hardware for a 3 day eval? i would assume you can't easily reset the eval period :-/
  19. J

My friend just got IDS and its so fun

Just out of curiousity, where are ppl buying IDS? Are they getting one of the hacked $150 dongles, or going all out? I can't justify the idea of spending $800/ yearly on top of hardware to have it, but would love the idea of firing IDS up without having to make a dealer trip every time.
  20. J

Replace Front Controls Interface Module (Sony Faceplate)

Interested in this as well, but for an XLT faceplate.
  21. J

howdy all, new Exp owner here

Pete, thanks for the heads up. I was sharing it off of Google Photos, which i've had issues with on other forums - it shows up fine for me (probably because it was cached). I've updated the URL for the photo - hopefully that fixed the issue.
  22. J

howdy all, new Exp owner here

just picked up my first Explorer - a CPO 2013 Green Gem XLT. This'll be quite the switch for me, as i've previously driven sport sedans (Audi A4's and Infiniti G37's), but as i've gotten married and moved into parental territory, having an SUV has become a necessity. Really liking the truck so...
Back