Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

4th Gen Auto 5R55 to Manual M5OD - progress (not a How-to)

That is very helpful, thank you. I have a ranger clutch pedal switch I planned to wire in once I fixed the issue of having to basically jump the starter. I am going to try to get to this today, it's funny how you can miss little things like just turning the key to start your vehicle lol. I...
  2. H

4th Gen Auto 5R55 to Manual M5OD - progress (not a How-to)

I'm glad you figured it out. The manual swap in my 08 explorer wasn't bad until I had to deal with the electronics. I actually took the VSS ring out of an old 5r55 that I had and welded it on the rear drive shaft. Then made a bracket to to use my stock sensor. I have the sensor in my M5OD R1HD...
  3. H

2007 mountaineer body & suspension lifts?

No, the ranger is rear solid axle and ex/mount are IRS. On top of that the IRS half shafts go through the frame. A Ranger body can be modified to work on our ex/mountys but I believe that's it.
  4. H

I should have worded that a bit different. They can be run together but it is nearly pointless. I say nearly pointless because when the spacers are combined with the lift struts they begin to cancel out. The BTF uppers would fix the issue of the steering knuckles hitting the coil spring on the...
  5. H

Also the strut spacers will give you 2 to 2.5 inches of lift and the lift struts seem to give 1.5 to 2 inches of lift. To get a full 3 inch lift would take a body lift or again a custom suspension lift.
  6. H

I personally have 5.5 inches of lift and 33's on my 08 ex and it is a bit of a pain. I replace wheel bearings on it at least once a year (and I do not use cheap or knock off replacements) I do pull a camper and a boat some. If you want to lift your explorer your only options are 1) Lift Struts...
  7. H

Help with brown wire

It should be the plugin that looks like this and it is pin 17
  8. H

Lifted and supercharged 08 XLT

The guy that is going to do it for me is someone I know and he has the stuff at his house to do it. It will all be sand blasted to get the coating off but I am still going to do some grinding on it. I have seen chipped powder coating and you're right, the only way to fix it and it look good it...
  9. H

Hopefully the guy I am going to have do mine will have or be able to get it.
  10. H

I haven't looked into the temps ratings, thank you for pointing that out. I will look into it so I dont run into any bubbling or peeling issues.
  11. H

Good point, having a second bottle on hand would be a good idea. Once I get the time I plan to pull all of the intake parts I built off. I am going to make a few adjustments, fix a few welds then buff them down and powder coat all of the steel parts. Hopefully rust won't be an issue for a long...
  12. H

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Thank you. With my explorer upgrades over the past year, it was time.
  13. H

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

I finally moved up to Elite status tonight. I'll work on getting my explorer registry moved into the elite section this week.
  14. H

33" tall tires on forth Gen.

I am running 33X12.50R22 MTs on my 08 ex. It's lifted 5.5 inches, I have a 3 in ranger body lift and the Truxxx spacers.
  15. H

I had actually run out of Argon and was nearly done, so I finished a few welds up with Flux cored. I'm going to tear it all apart soon. I'm going to clean it all up, redo those few welds, and tweak a few things.
  16. H

Lil help with tire sizes please...

Before I lifted my 08 I had I think 245/75R16's but that's barely over stock. It sucks to guess I know. I have 5.5 inches of lift and 33x12.50R22 M/T and really would have been better with a 35x10.5 but I like the wide tire look so it's OK. Shorter and wider or taller and skinnier is the safest...
  17. H

Installing an outlet? (not an inverter)

Before my last inverter went out, I had it mounted under the back seat. It had plenty of air and was out of the way, it was just cheap and I haven't replaced it yet. My kids could plug their tablets into it and I ran an indoor extension cord under the carpet from it into my center console. So I...
  18. H

Lil help with tire sizes please...

Look at some of the 4th Gen pictures. A lot of them say what size lift and tire they have. I wouldn't recommend anything over a 31x10.50 and even that might be a bit much without having to trim a little in the front. The stock tire is around 29 inches tall if I remember correctly.
  19. H

Need a lift!!

First, welcome to the forum and being an explorer owner. Unfortunately lift options for the 4th Gen and well most explorers is very limited. As far as simple or straight forward lifts go you have 2 main options, either Rancho lift struts or something like Truxxx strut spacers both will give...
  20. H

Here is my first draft http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/my-lifted-and-supercharged-08-xlt.449338/
  21. H

I'm an the proud owner and builder of this 08 XLT Explorer. First a little background of it and myself. I live 20 miles North of Louisville Kentucky. I work at the same Ford plant that my Explorer was built at Louisville Assembly Plant (LAP). I am luckily married to a semi understanding wife...
  22. H

Yeah some brands of tires are crazy expensive. I'm really happy with these for the price and low noise for what they are. I'm new to posting on here but I will look into the registry, I'm happy to help others out if I can. A note with the hitch, because I flipped it I cut the tow hook off and...
  23. H

I HAD a factory 1 1/4 inch welded on hitch. I cut that off frame and all about 2 inches infront of the welds. The neat thing is if you get the factory 2 inch bolt on style and flip it upside-down it raises 3 inches just like the bumper. As far as the lift parts themselves, I had to oblong the...
  24. H

Thank you, I did a lot of searching and planning before I finally put this combo together. I'm using Truxxx 2.5 inch spacers and a modified Ranger 3 inch body lift. The MTs on 22s I think are what make the fact it's lifted really stand out. My tires were about $1100 shipped, and 80 to have them...
  25. H

Thank you. I considered doing the SAS and using a Ranger suspension lift. This is my DD and I decided to go this route mostly for time and simplicity. I did all the lift stuff last November, since then I've found the weak links..wheel bearings and breaks... I'm still running stock A arms, I will...
Back