Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Electrical problem persists

Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram for the power mirror control switch? I am trying to identify which wire provides the power source.
  2. A

I did just that. I disconnected the wire harness from the door jam and fed it through the speaker opening just to be able to see the harness better. Now I can't get the harness to connect back. Seems the body side of the plug has pulled back so now what can I do?
  3. A

2010 Explorer Sport Trac Limited. Driver door controls electrical malfunctions - Power mirrors out, dock lock switch will lock but not unlock, right rear window switch (on driver door) will power down but not up. Window switch on right rear door operates both up and down properly. Only...
  4. A

2019 Ford Ranger (looks like a Sport Trac)

Is anyone interested in providing feedback on what they know or have heard on the new 2019 Ford Ranger. It may be shown at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show. Personally I can't wait to see it.
  5. A

Changing spark plugs 4.6L 3V

Does anyone have tips on changing spark plugs on a 2010 Sport Trac, 4.6L 3V? I read about broken plugs on earlier models but I understand Ford addressed this problem on post 2008 models. I just reached the 114 kms mark and would like to change my plugs. Any advice would be most welcome...
  6. A

Check Head Lamp warning

With my added resistors I occasionally get a warning message but I hit the reset button on my dash and it goes away. Because of the very infrequent occurrence I decided just to leave it alone.
  7. A

Driver door lock switch issue

Ok that makes sense, thanks
  8. A

Passenger side works fine both lock and unlock. Keypad on door also works fine as does key fob. Bought new switch from dealer. Suspecting broken wire but don't know how diagnose with taped harness.
  9. A

The driver side door lock button on my 2010 Sport Trac would no longer unlock the doors. Still locks though. Replaced with new switch but problem remains. Likely a broken wire. Anyone have any advice on how to proceed to remedy?
  10. A

Check Head Lamp warning

Just installed the resistors from LED Headlights Pro and they worked beautifully. No more warning messages. Lights work great as well. No flicker at all.
  11. A

Check Head Lamp warning

Thanks John, also ordered resistors from LED Headlights Pro which are supposed to be warning cancelers and anti-flicker. Mine aren't flickering but I also get all 4 errors. I will also report back once installed.
  12. A

Check Head Lamp warning

I just installed CREE LED headlamp bulbs with a CANBUS which was supposed to eliminate warning messages. The new headlamps work perfectly by my warning lights to check Left and Right headlamps keeps coming on. Also the same for high beams. I sense this is due to the lower amp draw but was...
  13. A

2010 Sport Trac Repair / Service Manual

Service manual I didn't see any service manual procedures on this site.
  14. A

2010 Sport Trac Repair / Service Manual

Can anyone recommend a good source for a 2010 Sport Trac repair / service manual. Anyone use repairsurge.com? Thanks
  15. A

Rear Shock Replacement 2010 Sport Trac

I would like to replace my rear shocks. Anyone out there that can give me some guidance? Is it best to do the whole assembly including coils? Thanks in advance
  16. A

Ignition switched fuse slots?

I just posted the same question for my 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. What fuse location did you use and what did it power? Thanks
  17. A

ignition enabled fuse

Does anyone know what fuse location is ignition enabled? I want to install a GPS with 12 volt socket using a jumper fuse line. All I've tried are power on all times. I want the power to go off when ignition is off so save battery. Thanks
Back