Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

New Wheels and Tires for My 07 V8

Ordered wheels and tires last weekend with the discount tires direct discounts. They were finally delivered today and I love how it looks. They are 16x8 +25 with 265/70/16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
  2. C

07 Eddie Bauer V8

Hi, I used to have a 92 Explorer XLT years ago and was somewhat active here then. After all this time I recently sold my 08 Legacy 2.5GT spec.B and picked up this Explorer. My plan is to use it as my daily driver and use it to tow my Miata to some track days :) The plan for now is to do some...
  3. C

92 wont start.

As soon as i move the ignition from off to 'run' all the dome lights get really dim and the positive terminal on the battery gets VERY hot. I think i have a short but not sure if its in the harness or in the ignition switch. Got any pointers?
  4. C

Fuel Pump runs with key out of ignition

I just finished replacing the fuel pump relay because after searching It was indicated that the fuel pump relay was bad. So now im looking for other ideas as to what is causing the fuel pump to run.
  5. C

In Tank fuel filter

How difficult is it to replace? I have a pretty good idea that its pretty clogged based on the fact that when i get below a 1/4 tank of gas the Exploder seems to run much rougher and have less power. As soon as I fill it up the idle smooths out and the power returns. If theres any other ideas...
  6. C

1992 4x4 sprung a leak

yesterday morning i walked out to the exploder and noticed a small puddle of coolent sitting under the very front of it. So i did some investigating and it appeared that the leak is coming from where the plastic end tank connects to the alum core. So heres the question will bars leak stop this...
  7. C

LSD opperating as open diff.

Well its raining here in sunny souther california and i happend to go around a right hand turn and stab the gas. Instead of the rear end starting to drift around like it usually does, well today all that happend was the inside rear tire just spun and i couldnt get both rear tires to spin after...
  8. C

LSD opperating as open diff.

Moved to the under hood and driveline forum :) http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1324613#post1324613
  9. C

Hot Start, Runs on 5

When I start up the Explorer when its hot it will run on 5 cylenders, and obvously run extreamly roughly. This will continue until i either get on the gas enough to force it to clear up or if i let it idle for 4-6mins or so. The Plugs and wires are pretty new and dont have many miles on them...
  10. C

Bilsteins, Who has them and whats your review?

As the title stats i would like some reviews of the stock replacement Bilsteins. I spent the better part of 2 hours searching and reading up about people who had bilsteins, yet most people just said is "yeah i have bilsteins." I would like some more indepth reviews. Some questions to...
  11. C

92 Radio died

The stock radio on my Ex died this week it wont turn on at all, no time display no sound no nothing. It used to just do this when it was cold and i turned the lights on. Now this week it is like this all the time. I checked the fuses hoping for a quick fix but no such luck :( Anyone have...
  12. C

Suspension squeaks on 92 4dr 4x4

There are a couple of issues with the suspension in the Explorer. The Explorer has 162k on it and i am on the 2nd set of shocks, they are Sensitracks and the rear has the helper coilover. these shocks have about 50k on them but the seem to have fail in a very odd way. its almost as if they...
  13. C

Octane adjust pin in use?

I had this code pulled from my 1992 explorer and the used car tech at the infiniti dealer i worked at didnt know what it ment. any ideas?
  14. C

My 92 XLT

She's all stock with 162,000 miles on her, parents bought it brand new in fall of 1992 :)
  15. C

Odd radio Gremlin

I have a 92 Explorer XLT with the stock stereo. Since i have moved back to So-Cal for the school year the radio turns off when i turn on the parking or headlights. If I turn the lights back off the radio comes back on, If i leave them on and let the Explorer get fully warmed up the radio comes...
  16. C

Manual locking Hubs for little or no off road time

I have seen that EVERYONE reccomends upgrading to warn hub locks for off-road use but my question is should it be done on a explorer that rarely sees any conditions that require 4x4? Could the hubs lock themselves under 4x2 opperation? or should i just do it so i can say i have WARN parts on my...
  17. C

92 Explorer suspension squeeks

I am normally a Car guy but I am using an Explorer as my beater, so i may not know some of your abrevations for lifts and truck suspesion. There are a couple of issues with the suspension in the Explorer. The Explorer has 162k on it and i am on the 2nd set of shocks, they are Sensitracks and...
Back