Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

High speed shimmy

I have a 2002 with the 4.6 (I think engine is irrelevant in this case), but while highway driving I get a little wiggle back and forth, and it seems to be UNrelated to bumps in the road or throttle. I think I need a new rear u- joint soon but I don't know if that's it. Could it be body...
  2. N

LED headlights

What brands of LED bulbs are you guys running for regular headlights and high beam? There are many options, but I want to match the 6000k of my fog lights and I'd like to stay away from HIDs http://s38.photobucket.com/user/npiotrowski98/media/image_zpsix9q08y9.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=6
  3. N

Light bar behind grille

I'd like to get a billet grille (4 pieces probably), but I'd also like to get a led light bar. I would prefer to put one behind the upper or lower grille, as I know some people have put them behind the OEM upper grille, but I'm not sure if the billet would allow enough light through to still be...
  4. N

Aviator Swaps

Other than mirrors, are there any other parts that come from the Aviator that fit on Explorers? I sort of regret not buying an Aviator, and I understand that it is entirely different than the Explorer and Mountaineer, but I am just curious if anyone has swapped anything. I really like the true...
  5. N

LED Flasher Relay

I have Spyder LED taillights and i think i will switch to LED front signals (switchbacks) soon. I don't feel like messing around with cheap resistors, and the Canbus error I already have in the left taillight is annoying as all hell. Has anybody installed an A/M LED flasher to correct the...
  6. N

5th Gen Wheels

I have been considering possibly picking up a set of 5th gen chrome wheels, I think they're 20 inches. The bolt pattern and offset range are good, but it's there enough clearance for the wheel and tire? Has anybody done this swap?
  7. N

3rd Gen Guy needs some help

Hello all of you 4th Genners, I'm going to swap some 4th Gen mirrors onto my 3rd gen. From what a fellow 3rd gen guy did, it seems to be just plug- and- play. However, that isn't the point. I plan on getting power (and heated) mirrors from the 4th gen with puddle lights. Which trim levels, if...
  8. N

Steering Jumps

Hi everyone, I have a 2002 EB with the 4.6, 4x4 (always in auto 4x4), and 150k on it. Last month, I replaced the front diff that cracked open on me. While doing so, I also did upper ball joints, stabilizer links, and the front u- joint. The job was a real PITA, but we got it done, and there...
  9. N

COLD AIR INTAKE

I have access to a k&n cold air intake for the 4.6, which are no longer manufactured. Asking price is $100+ whatever shipping. The whole system has 2-3,000 miles on it, so I'm hesitant. Is really all that wears the cone filter? Or is the system toast at this point? Thanks in advance for any replies
  10. N

4 Piece Billet Grilles- $80

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01015BF2K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1R7HYGWX9XV5Y Here's a complete set of billet upper, lower, and fog grilles. They seem like a great price, does anybody have all 4 billets like this? I'd like to put on a full billet set with my v8 emblem...
  11. N

Interior Lighting

I ordered 6 44mm festoon bulbs that are green LEDs. I am really excited for the final outcome, but they will take a while to ship. Anybody have pictures of interior (roof) lighting to share? I also plan on doing green LED puddle lights soon too.
  12. N

A/M Headlights

Anybody have black headlight assemblies? I don't feel like baking and painting mine, and there's a set of housings with halo foglights on amazon for about $170. Are they worth it? they seem cool as hell
  13. N

3rd gen roof rack ?s

Anybody have a kayak transportation roof rack set up? I'd like to know what size and brand cross bars to look into. (3rd gen)
  14. N

Transmission Cooler

Hi, I own a 2002 EB edition explorer. It has 141k miles on it. Is it worth putting a transmission cooler on soon to prevent a transmission failure? Or is it too late?
Back