Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Aux plug connection in stock radio?

I have an 03 XLT. The factory head unit won't play CDs. I don't want to replace it at this time. How can i install an Aux plug connection to the factory radio????
  2. P

Question on Biggest tires...

Im currently at the tire shop getting some Nito Terra Grappler G2's in 265/70/17 on my stock 03 Explorer XLT. I know there are plenty of threads here about the biggest tire size on a stock 3rd gen being 265/70/17 and 265/75/16... I have the 17" stock wheels. Incase i experience some rubbing, how...
  3. P

Thoughts on these tires...

What are your thoughts on Nitto Dura Grapplers? Was considering them in a 265/70/17 for my stock 03 Explorer XLT. My wife uses the truck most of the time. We love to take road trips and don't do any serious off-road but would like to have an aggressively capable tire thats as quiet as possible...
  4. P

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

This is awesome info! Thanks!
  5. P

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Do you have a lift? If not, does that tire size rub any?
  6. P

Photos 3rd gen pic's

What size tires are those? is that a 16" rim?
  7. P

Biggest tire that will fit on a 2003 explorer

BoozeBaron, please let me know how that works out for you. I've wanting to buy some 265/70/17 for my 03 Explorer XLT and have hesitated because I get both that it'll work with no issues and that it would rub. Someone help! I don't want to lift it. Considering going 255/70/17 just to be safe.
  8. P

245/70/R17 vs. 255/70/R17

Anyone have any pics of their third gen explorers running 245/70/17, 255/70/17, 265/70/17... Thanks in advanced.
  9. P

New here - need some help.

Any recomendations in 265/70/R17 for the smoothest ride?
  10. P

Thanks!
  11. P

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Any rubbing? Do you have any rubbing issues with those 265/70/R17s without a lift?
  12. P

{I'm sure this question comes up a lot here. But new to this forum.} I have a stock 2003 Explorer XLT. The stock wheel size is 245/65/R17. What's the biggest size tire I can fit on the stock 17" rim without rubbing? The truck is completely stock. I don't want to lift it right now. Thanks in...
  13. P

New here...

Greetings all, New to this forum. Love my 03 Ford Explorer XLT. Looking forward to learning more about my Explorer and interacting with ya'll. :salute:
Back