Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

F250 C6 Transmission in 92 Explorer

I may be able to get a rebuilt C6 transmission from an older F250 (85ish). I dont know specifics other than he is junking the truck, and it may be a freebie, so im not going to pass it up. Is this tranny to big for my explorer? Anyone ever put one in there explorer? Will the transfercase...
  2. T

4 Weel Drive Problem

np Ill try switching out the black box in the back at some point. Its a bugger to get to, and the only thing I can think of that could be wrong.
  3. T

4 Weel Drive Problem

I know this. I tried it on the old motor, it didnt work for me. It seems to be a problem outside it. See my other reply.
  4. T

4 Weel Drive Problem

Its a new one, I really dont wanna take a hammer to it. The fuse was for the inside lights, which dont cut off (no wonder it was blown). Leaving it off the battery for an hr did nothing. I checked the wireing in the dashboard and found nothing odd, no frayed or bent wires, no broke wires, 1...
  5. T

4 Weel Drive Problem

Same problem I have the exact same problem. My radio doesnt work, and neither does my 4x4. I though the radio was fried so i tossed it. For the 4x4, I replaced the shift motor (today), and it still doesnt work. I hit the button, and the unit in the back of the truck (black box) makes a...
  6. T

Transfer Case Rebuild? '92 Exp

Would someone guide me to a post or give me some info about a transfer case rebuild? Currently, my 4x4 does not work on my explorer. I think its the shift motor(took it apart with that guide, found the rubber gasket in a million pieces, but couldnt get anything to work to fix it, will have...
  7. T

Name my problems you see...

Edit: the tape your seeing is actually a spider web.. lol Heh the brake lines are braided that I had made special. 6 or so inches longer than normal (i forgot exact). We had problems getting the clips back onto the frame for the lines, but they are exactly going anywhere since it goes thru...
  8. T

Its a new spring, thats about 5 inches longer than the old stock springs. My tire hits the radius arm when I max the steering, thats what the rub mark is. The drop down brackets are as far as they go, or so that alignment place told me. Not sure how to fix the tires rubbing (unless i get the...
  9. T

Springs, radius arm brackets, shocks. Stuff I didnt use were the bronco drop down brackets, and rear blocks. Im sure I was missing parts, paid a dirt cheap price for the kit. The dropdown brackets I got from jcw nearly tripled the cost of the lift heh. Minus rims and wheels your lookin at...
  10. T

This is one jerry rigged setup... Half full sized bronco 2 kit, the other half rigged or jwc.com drop down brackets.. My lists right now: Fix parking brake, Get alignment right (still pulls to the right, the alignment shop said they will look at it again for me), figure out a way to solve...
  11. T

Rear Shock Mounts

Ok... for whoever wanted pictures... HERE YOU GO!! Here is a close up on the rear shocks mounted: EDIT: Posted a "what do you see" thread to see if anyone notices problems I missed (or that could jump out and bite me..)
  12. T

Rear Shock Mounts

Once I get my tires and rims on Im taking the truck to a friends house(digital camera and concreate driveway 4tw) to do a photo shoot of it and ALL the parts I changed out. I will most likely throw together a web site to post the picts on too. Im missing 1 rim (bought 3 at one junkyard, and...
  13. T

Really wild mod.. Diesel..

Rising fuel costs have me thinking.. Eco Diesel.. Has anyone tried this type of conversion? I actually know how to make the Diesel... but Im unsure what type of Diesel moter can fit into an explorer.. and I need to look up legalitys of making the Diesel.. :D EDIT: Search 4tw.. lol.. oops
  14. T

Rear Shock Mounts

Yea I mounted them on the bottom hole, its close to 6 inches up (about the length of the bumpstop to springs). I think I will do fine for now. Working on rims right now... got a van in my way for my last rim... :D
  15. T

Rear Shock Mounts

Had to use the old crosspins for the top mount (was a pain to get out but they work fine). Problem im running into now is which hole to use of the old sway bar bracket. The top one gives me 3inches of upward travel on the shocks (top mount to where the bar goes into the shock itself, rancho...
  16. T

Rear Shock Mounts

Ok... shock question, I have rancho shocks that are the exact same length and width of the origonal shocks except one thing... the top part of the shock.. Top and bottom images (borrowed poloroid.. its horrable!) Im not exactly sure what to do here, unless I have to buy new shocks...
  17. T

Rear Shock Mounts

Humm didnt think of that... <goes to look now while headingout for work> any pics btw? Once I get film for my crappy 35mm camera ill take a whole slew of pictures of my setup.
  18. T

Rear Shock Mounts

Got a reply from them: DON'T HAVE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR EXACTLY Caps 4TW! No luck at thoes other websites. Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack lol.
  19. T

Rear Shock Mounts

I just emailed them, any more links anyone?
  20. T

Rear Shock Mounts

Right now all I have are spring perches welded to the axle, no shocks. I need that shock mount to properly.. mount shocks lol. My front end is DONE. I got a full size bronco lift kit(cheap from a friend, full kit 200$, cant beat that! I still have parts/shocks left), used the springs and...
  21. T

Rear Shock Mounts

I used the Search and came up dry.. What company sells rear shock mounts? I have flipped my rearend where the leaf springs are over the axle, and shocks wont mount to it.. this is what I need: I dont know what brand that is or where I found the picture.
  22. T

High milage explorers?

92 Ford with 4.0 engine, AOD transmission. Bought it with 80,000 miles, changed plugs/wires/tranny fluid at 100k miles (may of been a few other minor things, I dont rember anything major), at 130k miles I sold it (as is.. to a friend who knew what was wrong with it) with the overdrive gone...
  23. T

questions on transfer case

BW1350 is the transmission? What about the transfer case? Would it be possable to mount it to an AOD? (92)
  24. T

questions on transfer case

Yea I would like to know the same thing... I can get a 88 manual transmission with transfercase, wondering if it can fit my 92 explorer.. tho it may not be practical to do..
  25. T

4x4 Shift Computer/motor.. red light and button etc etc

On my 1992 ford explorer there is a computer thats devoted to my auto 4x4 button shifter thats located on the drivers side in the back. Anyone know what that button is for and what the light means (on and off, doesnt blink, its either on or off). I hit the button and the red light comes on, I...
Back