Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 7

Back with a "new" one

So it's been forever since I've posted here but I've finally got a good reason to. Recently I picked up this 1992 Eddie Bauer explorer for $300 It had been sitting at a dealership for a couple of years because the engine overheated and is junk which is a good thing which means this Arizona...
  2. 7

Trailer Towing Questions

Okay thank you very much.
  3. 7

Trailer Towing Questions

I've got a 1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 with the automatic transmission and a frame mounted hitch and was wanting the max trailer weight for it would be. I've put a picture of my door sticker as well a picture of my trailers and was wanting to know if I could get by with towing maybe a ton in the...
  4. 7

Paint color

Looked for paint colors and narrowed it down to these possibilities. Anybody have any opinions?
  5. 7

Paint color

It's not the same color as the rest of the Explorer that I put it on and the one I pulled it off has no doubt been crushed.
  6. 7

Paint color

Pulled a driver side rear door from the salvage yard a while back but didn't know I needed the paint code to have a can of the grayish color that is on the bottom of the door made. Anybody know what the code for it is where I could find out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  7. 7

Engine replacement, 93 into 91?

Okay this is probably a extremely dumb question but I'm looking at getting a 1991 Ford Explorer that has a dead cylinder so I'm thinking the engine is junk. I have a 1993 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer that was running and driving and deemed the engine worth keeping since it wasn't worth being put...
  8. 7

Door problem

Okay thanks.
  9. 7

Door problem

My handle is like that and not flat like it should be on one that works. So something that isn't the child locks? I honestly have no idea.
  10. 7

Door problem

Yeah lever is down.
  11. 7

Door problem

Okay I've got a 94 Explorer with a problem that I've had with at least 2 of my Explorers which are both 4 door models is that the rear doors don't open from the inside anymore. Is there a way to fix this problem at all? If anybody could please give me any information or advice here at all it...
  12. 7

Gas Tank

Mine is a Nebraska Explorer so I'm definitely ordering new straps.This whole situation was a result of my own stupidity of trying to move the tank without removing the fittings and fuel neck first so now I need a new sending unit.
  13. 7

Gas Tank

Yeah my skidplates are all rusty so I'm probably just gonna do a bit of grinding with a wire cup and then just use rust reformer on the mounting brackets.I looked under one of my donor explorers that I have and found the hole in the frame for the front strap but for the back one I can't see one...
  14. 7

Gas Tank

Okay so I had to drop the gas tank on my 94 Explorer to remove the factory brake line. I know there are 2 brackets for the gas tank skid plate but things ripped apart due to rust when dropping the tank itself so my question is how many straps are there that hold the gas tank up in place? One or...
  15. 7

Front Power Window Motor

It came out of a 1991 Explorer. I know the plastic head won't bolt into the 1994 Explorer. The label is a little blurry but I got 742250810 16060KOREA from it.
  16. 7

Front Power Window Motor

I mean using the original top piece with the mounting holes from the 1994 Explorer. I meant if the shaft with the motor is bad can I swap the shaft with the motor on it from the 1991 into the 1994. Or worst case if I have to the bottom assembly and the shaft with the motor on it.
  17. 7

Front Power Window Motor

Okay so I dug around in my spare parts pile and found a driver side front window motor out of my 1991 parts Explorer. I know the top where it mounts is different but if the motor with the shaft is bad in the window motor from the 1994 Explorer is bad can I swap the shaft with the motor from the...
  18. 7

Front Power Window Motor

Okay so I'm looking to replace my driver's side front power window motor with a used one from the junkyard. I want to test the motor to find one that is strong enough to work the window without pushing it up or down by hand. Can I test it while it's installed and how would I do that and would I...
  19. 7

rear cargo area interior plastic piece removal

It is and I got it cheap since I work there. 8 piece set with magnetic tips and hex ends on the handles along with free lifetime warranty.
  20. 7

High speed shake

I've been having a problem with my 94 Explorer that happens at high speeds. It does fine from until 60 mph but after that it shaking in the front. It still accelerates but the shaking doesn't quit. Does anybody have any idea where I should start to try and figure out what it is? Any feedback...
  21. 7

Sorry for late reply but I did get a set of bolstered screwdrivers and hit it on the end and it worked great so thanks for your help.
  22. 7

Okay I might try that. I work at Harbor Freight Tools so I might try a regular screwdriver first but if that doesn't I'll give the impact driver a try.
  23. 7

Thanks I'll try that but if it doesn't work will drilling it out work?
  24. 7

Okay so I'm wanting to weld a quarter panel in on the passenger side of my 94 Explorer and find a way to patch in a area for the area that is above the gas tank lid. To do this I know I'll have to remove the plastic pieces from the both sides of the rear cargo area The problem is that the...
Back