Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Shift Solenoid-B

Hi All, I encountered a wrench light indicator last week and decided to have my Explorer do a transmission fluid replacement. The wrench light still exist after driving for a minute and experienced loss of power, think it's shifting differently to another gear. I had it scanned and the...
  2. X

Any Aftermarket brands for our Suspension?

Hi All, Are there aftermarket suspension parts for Ford Explorer 2013? I'm about to replace the following parts soon so would like to know the options: Lower Control Arms - moog, ford, any brands? Shocks- ford, moog? Any brands like bilstein etc? Stabilizer links- ford, moog? Tie Rods- ford...
  3. X

Explorer Pulley?

Hello All, Can you please help me identify what part is this? This part just fell off while driving and encounter the following alarms / light indicator: - engine coolant temperature -check battery In addition, I also encounter loss of power steering. Good thing, I was able to park my Explorer...
  4. X

2.0 Ecoboost Blow Off Valve

Hi, I've seen a youtube video of Turbosmart blow off valve installed on 2.0 Explorer Ecoboost. However, can't really confirm this as the guy didn't open the hood of his Explorer. Does any of you with 2.0 ecoboost tried to replace their stock bypass with aftermarket Blow Off Valves? Just want...
  5. X

Steering Rack bushing

Hi All, I had my Explorer checked the other day and was informed by the mechanic that my Steering Rack bushing was already missing. They insisted that Ford dealership in the Philippines won't be seeling a separate bushing so I need to buy the whole steering gear assembly. As a workaround, the...
  6. X

Time to change engine air filter

Hi guys, I had my preventive maintenance (change oil, replace oil filter, brake parts cleaning, etc) performed yesterday. Unfortunately, the shops in my country doesn't have any stocks of Ford Explorer air filter thus I'm considering buying online and have it shipped. I tried searching this...
  7. X

Park Brake Engaged - Error

Hi Guys, Good day to all! No matter how hard I step on the foot brake of my Ford Explorer 2013, the park brake doesn't lock or engaged at all thus I keep on receiving this error message when driving: (Please note that I'm 100% sure that the park brake wasn't engaged at all when driving as...
  8. X

Ford Explorer 2.0 Ecoboost Engine

Hi guys, Is there a difference between the 2013 vs 2014 2.0 Ecoboost engines? I'm just confused as the K&N website is saying that the Cold Air Intake for 2014 2.0 ecoboost won't fit my Ford Explorer 2013 2.0 ecoboost. Tried searching for information online but I can't really see any details...
  9. X

Upgrading the looks of Ford Explorer 2013 to 2016

Hello guys, Do you have any idea if it's possible to upgrade the looks of 2013 to 2016 Explorers? Aside from replacing the grill, bumper and headlights, what are the parts that needs to be replaced? I'm wondering if they have the same chassis / body and will have no issues with fitment of...
  10. X

2013 Explorer XLT A/C problem

Hello Guys, Does any of you tried to have their Explorer aircon serviced? I always go to a nearby car aircon shop to have my freon refilled (atleast 2x a month) due to leaks. What A/C parts are usually damaged in cases like this? evaporator? condenser? I just don't like the idea of aircon...
  11. X

Is this an engine support of Ford Explorer 2013?

Hi All, I went to a tire shop last weekend to have my tires rotated but during the activity, I noticed a worn out part below. Unfortunately, the guys servicing my Explorer are really unsure if this is an engine support. :mad: Just took a picture of it so you guys can help me. 1.) What...
  12. X

Explorer's DTE Calculation is not accurate

Hi Guys, Just want to ask if it's possible for us to adjust or reset the distance to empty? Or should I bring my Explorer to the dealership so they can have it reset using their tools? My battery was drained the other night and after jump start, I noticed that the gasoline's "Kilometers...
Back