Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Screenshot_20240120-170402_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240120-170402_Gallery.jpg

Upgraded to PowerStop Evolution drilled & slotted rotors. Shiny!
  2. Screenshot_20240120-165517_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240120-165517_Gallery.jpg

Upgraded to PowerStop Evolution drilled & slotted rotors. This is what 44k miles looks like. Edit: Actually I guess it would be more pertinent to say this is what 7 years looks like.
  3. Screenshot_20240120-170142_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240120-170142_Gallery.jpg

Upgraded to PowerStop Z37 Top Cop Severe-Duty/Fleet brake pads.
  4. Blackout2017

Gibson exhaust for Gen 5?

I'm looking at the Gibson 619693B axle back dual exhaust system for my 2017 Sport 3.5L TT. I've searched here but all threads are for older gens or new ST's.
  5. Blackout2017

Upgraded the brakes

I upgraded front and rear from the standard Sport brakes to PowerStop Evolution Performance drilled and slotted rotors, and PowerStop Z37 Top Cop Severe-Duty/Fleet pads.
  6. Blackout2017

How to: Finished the interior swap, 2013 PIU Sport

I am amazed by all the work. It reaffirms my decision to get a Sport and convert it to a (faux) PIU rather than the other way around.
  7. Blackout2017

Cool, thanks! I'm watching all of your videos now.
  8. Blackout2017

Looking very good! Post the link to the videos when they're up.
  9. Blackout2017

Ford Explorer Wiper Blades

I kept hearing something vibrating on the passenger side of the cabin at highway speeds, and after examining the wiper blades I saw that a small strip of rubber had become separated and was flapping madly against the wind. Time for a new set of blades. Living in the desert, my challenge is...
  10. Blackout2017

Beginning of a beautiful journey, 2000 Explorer SOHC

It seems that the issue was not entirely settled.
  11. Blackout2017

Nice haul for the day

I got everything organized to take it to my local car audio place to haggle an install estimate, and a buddy of mine was over for the 4th of July and he volunteered to help me do it (which I'm sure will translate to him doing it while I hand him tools).
  12. Blackout2017

Beginning of a beautiful journey, 2000 Explorer SOHC

Well... "In 2019, for the 2020 model year, the second generation FPIU was introduced with a new rear wheel drive platform, based on the sixth-generation Ford Explorer." So the 1st through 5th Gen Explorers were the 1st Gen FPIU, and the 6th Gen Explorer is the 2nd Gen FPIU. But of course the...
  13. Blackout2017

Nice haul for the day

Thanks, I'll want that for sure.
  14. Blackout2017

Nice haul for the day

Oh yeah, I was definitely looking at the Steeda sway bar and trailing arms. I'm probably taking out the third row seating so I know I'll have to compensate for that somehow.
  15. Blackout2017

Nice haul for the day

Phase Two of my homebuilt FPIU shall commence shortly. All of this came in the mail: Feniex Quantum Interior light bar Feniex Quantum 600 rear traffic stick Feniex Typhoon full-function light/siren/PA controller (plus Havis faceplate for flush mounting) Feniex Triton 100W speaker Feniex Fusion...
  16. Blackout2017

Door trim replacement needed

I ordered this last Wednesday and it showed up two days later. I know it's a bit overkill, but I've been wanting to get a nice trim removal tool kit, so I also ordered this from Amazon: I'll probably wait until this weekend to have a go at it.
  17. Blackout2017

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I bet the stopping distance is greatly reduced when throwing the anchor out the back.
  18. Blackout2017

Ballistic Door Panel decal/sticker

Here's one on eBay. It's slightly different as you can see but it has the Ford logo and what may be a part number, along with "PRINTED IN USA". It's currently $11.44 for two stickers plus another $15 or so shipping from the UK, but it looks good to me. I know the original poster hasn't been...
  19. Blackout2017

Mounting Under Dash 2 Way Radio

Nice! I'm ordering a similar set now because I'm going to be doing some equipment installation on my '17 Sport.
  20. Blackout2017

Thank you so much! I'm assuming that I want "Rear Door-Front LH" since mine is on the driver's side? I'll call the number that @peterk9 posted, but now I have a part name, so I appreciate your posts. Also, good to know the price range and ease of installation.
  21. Blackout2017

I'll do that, thanks Peter.
  22. Blackout2017

2017 Explorer Sport. I need to replace the short section of door trim on the forward edge of the rear door on the driver's side (see pic). It looks like just the bottom half is its own part, although it might be one long rubber strip from the top of the door to the bottom. Can anyone point me in...
  23. Blackout2017

Comment by 'Blackout2017' in media 'PSX_20230614_093319.jpg'

Very true, I'm just in the middle of several projects and needed a break.
  24. PSX_20230614_093319.jpg

PSX_20230614_093319.jpg

I woke up to the truck covered in rain-splattered dust with a nice touch of bird poop. My wallet was sadly empty, but I had several dollars in quarters to tip, as I mumbled "Lo siento, no tengo billetes."
  25. Blackout2017

Super important tuning question

Just yesterday I did a YouTube search to hear how to pronounce "tastevin" (that's the little pewter cup that a sommelier wears on a chain) and I heard four different pronunciations. So... liver-noy, liver-noise, liver-nwah, liver-nose, liver-noose? The world may never know.
Back