Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

A/C electronics diagnostic, help

Up until recently my A/C worked perfect. Not even a hint of problems (aside from the common blend door thing). Then one day the A/C compressor would not engage. The AC light on the controls lights up and im getting fan but no compressor engagement. Ive checked the neutral pressure from the low...
  2. F

Current good shops selling tuners; 4.6 3V

I keep running into old threads that aren't helpful. Who are the current shops that sell tuners with tunes for our 3v 4.6s? Id like to also know which tuner has the ability to shut off the intake butterflies?
  3. F

CMRC modification in testing

2007 4.6 4x4 Bone stock engine So ill keep everyone informed but I had a malfunctioning CMRC system. The rod the butterflies are on was binding and causing an engine light. Figuring the motor/actuator was still good I removed the arms to the rods. I left the motor/actuator but removed the...
  4. F

Front bumper removal

Most of it is straight forward with bolts or plastc screw push clips. But in front of the tires there are brackets that have me stumped. I cant seem to find any info on how these assemble or disassemble. Anyone with experience please help.
  5. F

06-10 4.6 upper air intake box w/o MAF

Just need an upper lid of the intake box. No MAF unit needed. 4.6 3v from gen 4 explorer or gen 2 sport trac. Im in the Nashville area. Thanks
  6. F

How big is the 3V K&N tube?

Im working on making my own intake tube set up but I want to know how large the inner diameter on the K&N tube is. Mostly for the MAF calibration. If my tube is too big in the sample area I may run lean or throw a CEL. It may be possible to cut the MAF section off the upper lid and integrate it...
  7. F

Extremely loud pop in front drivetrain

Every now and then if I either loose traction or I lift the truck an take tension off the drivetrain then drive and turn, I hear a very loud pop that seems to be from the front diff or CV joint areas. Is this common on our trucks? What is it?
  8. F

Improve brakes, idle and MPGs with 1 free mod

No, its no scam. But I do need some guinea pigs to confirm my results. After I did this mod my brakes feel less stiff at the pedal and come on sooner. My issue of "runaway idle" is gone. In which, im in stop and go traffic and I tap the gas to get going but the vehicle goes further than it...
  9. F

Can the CMRC be manually fooled with no CEL

I meant IRMC, intake manifold runner control. There has got to be a way to delete the butterflies but get no CEL without doing a tune. Is anyone familiar with the electronics inside these units to know if there is a way to "trick" the ecu into thinking its working fine? My best idea ive come up...
  10. F

Aviator and Explorer power difference

I noticed the 3v 4.6 Aviator has 302hp while the Explorers with the same engine has 293hp. While its not a vast difference, what is it? I know Crown Vics had more power on some models due to full dual exhaust. Id love to get in on some of that sweet sweet 9hp action.
  11. F

Really? No aftermarket taillights?

So ive searched high and low and cant find one single aftermarket taillight option. Not that id buy some gaudy chrome or LED style that looks like garbage but I can't believe there is absolutely no aftermarket coverage. I hate the look of just spray tinted stockers. Plus it reduces light and...
  12. F

Why are our brakes sub-par?

Were they this bad off the show room floor or do they get some issue over time? Like a weak vacuum booster. I just hate that it feels like im trying to stop an old F350. An Explorer Sport Trac should have much more responsive of a brake system. Its got me worried about towing. Side note; I...
  13. F

Mustang GT intake on our engines

Are there any success stories of a Mustang GT 4.6 3v intake on a 4.6 3v Explorer Sport Trac? I know the throttle body angle interferes with the fan shroud but im sure adjustments can be made. And all you "you'll loose all your torque on the bottom end" nay sayers, more air worked for the 5.0...
  14. F

What can a tune help?

So heres what id like to improve: CEL from IMRC malfunction Quicker downshifts Firmer shifts No more 1st gear lunge when slowing to a stop The other thing that I think can't be helped is that the radiator fan is really loud and seems to be on too much. I watch the gauge and its very stable. Ive...
  15. F

Front brake upgrade

Im running into dead ends in my research. I'm trying to find the size of the 2003 - 2005 Aviator and the size of the 2006 - 2010 Explorer front rotors. I want to make sure that the 06-10 Explorers didn't get the 03-05 Aviator brakes from the factory seeing how they came later. My Explorer...
  16. F

A/C vents on passenger side blowing hot while on cold setting

Im having a hard time finding the right answer to my issue. Ive searched and searched. So as the title states, when running the A/C the driver gets nice cold air but the passenger gets hot air but the setting is on cold. Ive tried selecting dual temp and also single temp and that doesnt seem to...
  17. F

Muffler delete opinions welcome

So I noticed that my 4.6l 07 ST has 2 main mufflers. One may be a resonator. But has anyone ever just straight piped only one and left the other? I figure it will give it a stock-ish sounding slightly louder rumble. I want a nice rumble that I wont anger the neighbors at 10pm.
  18. F

CMRC issues, P2015 cel

So a few weeks back I modified the butterflies on the CMRC. I used a small rotary hobby tool to cut the half guitar looking side off of each butterfly. Now it keeps throwing the P2015 CMRC fault code. Is it possible that with the intake off that the electronics inside the CMRC box can get shaken...
  19. F

Door hinge part numbers

My passenger door has been binding and popping really loud. Id like to replace both hinges. All i can seem to find is a driver front for $100-$110. Are they all the same hinge part number or is their a different number? Also is anyone selling them less than 100 a pop. Pretty steep for a hinge.
  20. F

Those two accesory bins in the bed have broken lids

I can't find their exact part name but the two flap lids with a twist lock on my truck have broken "hinges." Basically the plastic lid has that thinner plastic that is supposed to act like a hinge. It looks as if im going to need the inner bed sides off to do this job. Anyone else do this...
  21. F

4.6 aftermarket headers of any kind

Im only finding threads from 2011 and older on this topic. I have an exhaust leak on my 07 Sport Trac 4.6 and was thinking of going aftermarket if Ford units just warp. Is there any kind of aftermarket headers of any kind for the 4.6 Explorer Sport Trac?
Back