Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Paint chipping off leading edge of Aluminum hood panel

my dealer refuses to talk to me about mine. says its my problem. Calling another dealer next week, when I have time.
  2. K

Rack & Pinion Gear Failure 2016/17 Explorer

Sounds good. I mean, if ford will fix it cheaply , I’m on board
  3. K

That sounds almost exactly the same as mine. Mine happens more when you turn to the right, and at about the 2:00 position. After taking 2 days for this during the week, I’m going to wait a week or 2 and hit another ford dealer to get their input (and cost). I’ll also bring up my peeling hood...
  4. K

After getting off of the phone with the mechanic, they have diagnosed my issue as a known issue. Can anyone provide any additional information on this, as this is what he says the issue is: I don't seem to have any ability to delve into the details.
  5. K

Took the car into another shop this morning. They heard the grind when pulling out of the spot. Again, when pulling into the bay. Put it up on the alignment lift, and couldn't replicate the issue. Now, I worry that this is a suspension issue, and not a RaP issue. Not sure if suspension is...
  6. K

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I am finding this out more and more each passing day ....
  7. K

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I probably missed it, but I figured I would ask here. I have a 2016, and my hood is all bubbled up. I spoke to the service guy at my Ford dealer, and he insisted that it has to be completely rust through for the warranty to fix this. Has anyone else encountered this? Mark
  8. K

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

I was in the same boat as many. I purchased by '16 in October of '15. after about 18 months (20k miles), my tires were very worn. We had a small snow storm, and I tried to drive through about 3-4 inches of snow, and got stuck. Went to the local "Warehouse Club" store, and replaced the tires...
  9. K

Taking it to another shop tomorrow for a second opinion. if it is still high, it will be sold in the afternoon. This car has been a thorn in my side with the amount of issues i've had.
  10. K

I don't know much about cars at all. would that be under steering or something else?
  11. K

I just took my 2016 sport in, and they came back with the rack and pinion issue. it has 55k miles on it (out of warranty), and they want $2300 to fix it. I assume the dealer mark-up is insane. Anyone have experience replacing this? I have my own mechanic on the side, but I still feel like...
  12. K

Third Row Seats Become unlatched

circling back on this. How were you able to get the seat lifted to get the hinge back in? I have the power seats, and can cannot get the seat lifted up to pop the hinge back in.
  13. K

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

I guess I got lucky. They replaced my cable under the Emissions Warranty. I had to pay for the battery
  14. K

Third Row Seats Become unlatched

I tried searching, but haven't been able to find anything. I have a 2016 sport, and twice now, I have hit the button to stow the rear seats, only to see something was under them. in the process of folding, it stops, but the front mechanism disconnects from the seat, and now the seat cannot...
  15. K

Seat memory issues

My 2016 sport has the same issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Next time I take it in, I will have them check that. Thanks for that info.
  16. K

Nagging issues with my 2016 explorer

I bought my 2016 sport new, and have had relatively few issues. - I had issues where my parking sensors would routinely fail. This issue sent the car to the shop 3 times. The first 2 times, they reinstalled a new wire harness. Upon leaving the dealer each time, the warnings came back on...
  17. K

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

Thank you for the heads up, and I will read this. Each time I have made an appointment at the dealer, the light has gone off. Each time they tell me they cannot do anything without the light on since they cannot run the codes. Mark
  18. K

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

My airbag light has come on and off intermittently over the past year, usually on for a few days, and then off for months. I've made appointments at the dealer, but they state that if the light is not on, they cannot do anything. My 2016 has just run over 36,000 miles (36,095 to be exact). I...
  19. K

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. Drove the car just fine. Stopped, got gas, and it was dead. Lifted the hood to see a massive pile of corrosion around the positive terminal. Got it jumped and took it to Autozone to get a new battery (Was on our way out to go camping). When...
  20. K

2016 / 2017 Explorer - hitch cover removal

I got rear-ended today, and it popped right off :thumbdwn: Lets see how much they cost to replace now. (I'm ok, and that is all that took any damage. his little celica didn't fair as well.) Mark
  21. K

Hello All

Hello, I just stumbled across this forum while trying to find some info on the explorer. I purchased my first explorer this October, after eyeing one up for years. I made the plunge and got a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport, all of the options I could find. I mainly jumped on to see how others...
Back