Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

Lol on the spare key :) Those things are expensive, awesome find! I was able to replace the fuse and my shifter now works great. I think I crossed a wire when I was searching for a power wire on accident. Problem solved though. I went through my connections and gave it all a try. IT WORKS...
  2. T

Lol, yes trial and error! I did some troubleshooting and searching on internet. I found that the brake light switch will cause this if its bad. So I decided to go through all of my fuses and see if any were blown, in particular the brake light switch. Found a blown fuse, I can't remember the...
  3. T

Ok I'm really getting worried now. I reconnected the original wires to see if I could get my shifter to move and it won't budge at all. I don't understand what is going on??
  4. T

Or could this be because I have the two ends of the BW backwards on the relay? I did make sure I connected them to the right leads (87a & 30). But this thread doesn't say which of the two wires goes onto which lead. And there isn't any pics for me to see.
  5. T

Yep, it looks like I found the right wire for the power to the switch. I did some research on the wiring. BUT, now that I have everything hooked up, My shifter won't move out of park. It is stuck there. The switch engages the relay because I can hear the relay when I click the switch. But why is...
  6. T

Thank you for the response :) Is anywhere with a red wire a "power" wire? My radio is stock and the wires that go to the harness are pretty small. Not even sure I seen a red wire lol. I tried testing my switch to see if it works by touching the power wire to a 12 volt battery, and attaching...
  7. T

Also, I ran my ground for the switch to the metal bracket on the passenger side, below the glove compartment, just next to the center console. Instead of tieing into some wire. Should be fine right?
  8. T

Read this whole thread, and I have a NEW question. I am doing the mod on my 03 Explorer, found the BW on passenger side. Connected the relay, and I have a lighted switch. Problem I am at is, where can tie in to get the power for my lighted switch? This mod doesn't have pics that look like mine...
  9. T

I've read this won't work on AWD V8's. I have a V6 AWD with three buttons, AWD, 4HI, 4LO in my 2003 Explorer. Can I do this mod with my V6 AWD?
  10. T

Anyone done the Brown Wire Mod in a 2003 Explorer

That mod states it won't work on AWD V8's. I have an AWD V6, with three buttons, AWD, 4HI, 4LO. I DON'T have A4WD like I have read others have for this mod. With mine being AWD V6, can I use this mod??
  11. T

Heater blend door makes ONE loud thump!

Ok now that does make sense to me. Seems it is the fan that is blowing the door open, thus making the one time loud thump. Since yours was the same and not the continuous thumping, I believe what you did should solve my problem too. I sure hope so anyway lol. Thanks for your input :)
  12. T

Million different posts on a continuous noise. But not on a one thump noise, like I have. If you see more than the one post I seen on this, that didn't have a solution. Please forward to me the others? I would very much appreciate it.
  13. T

Explorer making noise when turning from a stop

My 2003 Explorer xlt 4x4 V6 makes a noise/rough feeling when I turn the wheel from a stop right and left while accelerating. It goes away after I begin to speed up and is gone until I have to stop and accelerate again. I have just changed the fluid in my rear differential and added the friction...
  14. T

2003 Explorer XLT 4x4 V6, When I start engine with heat temp turned all the way up and blower motor on low (first setting) or on 2nd setting. The air is cold until I turn the blower up to the 3 or 4 position. And that's when I hear the LOUD thump. It is a one time thump and then the heat works...
  15. T

Heat only works in high? Thump noise?

Hi, did you ever get an answer or a fix for this. I have an 03 Explorer that is doing the exact same thing?
Back