Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Front rubber brake hose

Just replaced the driver side front brake hose this morning. I would have to say getting the clip off was the only tough part, but PB blaster makes everything easier. I tried some groove joint pliers at first and it just kept kinda spinning, which is good cause u wanna loosen up that clip. In...
  2. C

Front Brake Hose Clip

Just replaced the driver side front brake hose this morning. I would have to say getting the clip off was the only tough part, but PB blaster makes everything easier. I tried some groove joint pliers at first and it just kept kinda spinning, which is good cause u wanna loosen up that clip. In...
  3. C

Battery light constantly on (and low voltage on gauge)

doesnt mean somebody's not currently looking at this thread and could use any helpful information now.
  4. C

Brake fluid leak from the RABS proportion valve?

Autozone and Advance Auto Parts carry the RABS Valve for about $115 plus core charge of $30-40. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Cardone-Reman-ABS-Hydraulic-Unit/1991-Ford-Explorer-2WD/_/N-ittgtZ8kobu?itemIdentifier=47566_0_0_ . Even with labor this job shouldn't cost more than $300. Doing...
  5. C

Battery light constantly on (and low voltage on gauge)

there's a 15amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood thats for the battery, it tells the alternator to charge it. check to make sure it's not blown.
  6. C

Replacing a driver's side front freeze plug

I just did the same job! Sure enough, after I moved the ac bracket and power steering assembly outta the way, the leak was obvious! A tiny pin hole in the freeze plug was just shooting coolant out like crazy, even with the engine off and cool. I even heard a hissing sound when the engine was...
  7. C

Coolant Leak

@moses, oh wow the idler pully wasn't turning? I wonder if its rusted up or something, that's the last thing i would have thought of, and that idler pulley has literally no resistance with that belt off, i'm surprised it would seize up on you like that. I don't think that pulley is too...
  8. C

Coolant Leak

Hmm well we know where the leak was coming from and you fixed that, if its starting to overheat again, could be a possible faulty thermostat. What brand is that thermostat and how much was it? Mine was $6 duralast and is working good, but I have read that the cheaper ones can malfunction if the...
  9. C

Coolant Leak

Autozone sells one for $24
  10. C

Coolant Leak

I just did this job on my 1991 Explorer 2wd, and it was a leaking thermostat housing (along with a bad thermostat inside) spilling coolant all over the top of my water pump, and being flug by the belt all over the intake tube and other parts. I could eventually see and hear steam shooting from...
  11. C

20 inch rims.. Question

Pitbull I still haven't gotten new tires, I never put these (in the picture) on because they are very old, from 2003 and I dont think riding on them would be very safe, the rubber would probably explode. My girl has a 2008 ford escape with 20s and her tire size is 255/45/20 and that seems to be...
  12. C

door hinge

Why would u go through all the trouble of ripping the dash apart, swapping the entire hinge for more money, when u can just simply replace the hinge PIN that is causing the actual sagging? Its like 5 bucks at the auto store and you don't have to touch the dash. You may need some special tool to...
  13. C

Striker Bolt

I tried to remove the Striker bolts one time, had the correct torx bit, but it was on there so damn tight (its the original so its been in there for over 20 years) and didnt budge, almost stripped the torx notches. I'm guessin some penetrating oil was in need?
  14. C

20 inch rims.. Question

Ok I have managed to find out the wheel make and model shown above. They are Ultra Platinum Snyper wheels, retail for about $230 a piece. I got a really good deal on these wheels, they came with old GoodYear Eagle LS tires from 2003. The tires are too old to safely ride on in my opinion and I'm...
  15. C

Power Window Bushing Replacement

When I removed the 3 bolts holding the window motor in, I used a magnet (the ones that extend, looks like a pen) to keep the bolts from falling into the door, you can buy one for a couple dollars at any walmart, auto store, or maybe dollar store. That's your best bet.
  16. C

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Replaced my front driver's side window motor yesterday, Had the new motor sitting around for 3 years lol, just didnt get around to it till yesterday. Took me about 20 mins to drill the half inch hole, take out 3 bolts, remove the old motor and install the new one. Works beautifully :) I have to...
  17. C

20 inch rims.. Question

Heres a photo of the 275/55/20 tire installed, as u can see it fits and looks very good I might add, however i'm sure the front tires will rub when I turn the wheel they are pretty wide tires
  18. C

20 inch wheel tire sizes

Ok below I have posted the photo on my 20 inch wheel with the 275/55/20 tire on it, as u can see it fits well, however it will probably rub when i turn the front wheel. I am looking to go to a slightly smaller size, but if the 275/55 wont rub i''ll keep em. anybody have any knowledge or...
  19. C

20 inch wheel tire sizes

I have a 91 Ford Explorer Eddie Baurer, just bought some 20 inch wheels from a buddy and they came with 4 Goodyear Eagle LS 275/55/20 tires already on them. So far i have only mounted 1 tire on the front of the vehicle to check the clearance of the tire in the wheel well. they fit pretty good...
  20. C

20 inch rims.. Question

I have a 91 Ford Explorer Eddie Baurer, just bought some 20 inch wheels from a buddy and they came with 4 Goodyear Eagle LS 275/55/20 tires already on them. So far i have only mounted 1 tire on the front of the vehicle to check the clearance of the tire in the wheel well. they fit pretty good...
Back