Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

iDatalink Maestro RR

In the middle of this install myself. Only thing I have left to wire together is the sync wire (step 2 on the wiring diagram). But I can't determine which wire under the armrest storage is the correct one. Anyone have any insight??
  2. C

Transmission Removal/Replacement

My 2008 Escape (3.0L V6 paired with the awful CD4E, 4WD XLT) has been essentially non-driveable for the last 2 years or so thanks to the torque converter going. Not wanting to shell out $4k to have the transmission rebuilt, it's been sitting since I got the bad news. I really don't want to have...
  3. C

2nd choice spark plug

I only use NGK on my vehicles now. Bosch are best for German vehicles such as VW, Audi, etc.
  4. C

2007 Ford Explorer 4.0L Code P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

Pretty sure misfire just means replace your spark plugs (in layman's terms). I'd personally only replace them all at once, not one or two at a time.
  5. C

Looking to gather hindsight for 4th gens @ 100,000 miles:

I bought my 2008 at 257k km (about 160k miles) and she just rolled to 320k km (just under 199k miles) today. The exhaust manifold has the tick from the leak, I've replaced both front hubs (front passenger twice, the second time was replaced as a warranty issue on the hub) and the rear driver...
  6. C

Replacing Stock Sync Microphone

The microphone on my sync system is absolutely terrible, and even if I yell inches from the rear-view mirror, it doesn't pick up anything. Has anyone had success just replacing the mic with an aftermarket one? Don't have the money to replace the whole system unfortunately.
  7. C

Programming new keys with one original

Bought my '08 Limited at auction, only came with one key & fob set. Got a second key cut and programmed at the dealership. After you have two dealer or factory programmed keys, you can program additonal chipped keys yourself, but you need two before you can do more on your own. Many locksmiths...
  8. C

Just replaced the Blend Door Actuator on my Gen IV

Seeing as so many in this thread have some experience with diagnosing climate control problems... I've got an '08 Explorer Limited, dual digital climate control and rear manual climate control with no rear a/c. I don't have a clicking noise, but when I have the temp set to anything under 32C...
  9. C

Dealer Just Gave Outrageous Estimates!!

I'm not a professional mechanic by any means, but mechanically inclined and curious haha. I have personally done all those things myself (minus rad replacement), on at least 1 vehicle, and they are simple. Some times a little tedious, but easily done in a garage or on a driveway. Resisters...
  10. C

Ticking noise 06 Explorer

Does the ticking get faster when you hit the gas? I have that in my '08, and it is a confirmed exhaust leak (confirmed by head mechanic at local ford dealership). Extremely common in most ford vehicles. I've heard it's frequently the gasket off the engine at the headers, as they dry out and...
  11. C

Stock GPS antenna Question. Do I have one or not??

My go-to for finding out things like that is usually fordparts.com. If I'm trying to differentiate what my vehicle has, compared to options available, I will first search using my exact vin, as that shows what is in your vehicle. Then I will go back and just do a general vehicle entry (so for me...
  12. C

2008 limited... Ignition--Power Seat issue

Sounds like a pretty straight forward replacement for the switch alone. Is the link you posted for a different year or engine size (not that I can see engine size, etc making much difference in a part like this)? When I searched up my Explorer on fordparts.com, I come up with a SW-6343 part #.
  13. C

2008 limited... Ignition--Power Seat issue

Link doesn't seem to be working. I've got the same problem on my 'sploder, and it would definitely be nice to get it fixed!
Back