Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2000 4.0 OHV Manual Transmission Adventures

okay okay. so far finding the m5od-r1hd is a mission itself. i will have to make various trips to junkyards and play the waiting game for now. Does anyone know if having the m5od-r1hd will make a good tranny for a 4x4 conversion? or are there any 4x4 conversion type of kits?
  2. J

2000 4.0 OHV Manual Transmission Adventures

So lets backtrack about a couple of months back. Im driving back home from work when all of a sudden i start hearing a loud sound coming from my transmission. It sounded more like a bad bearing or something i made it home safely however I did notice that every time i pressed the clutch or got it...
  3. J

fuel pressure help

I got a 2000 ford explorer 4.0 x manual trans. Once in a while my truck gets really low rpm almost want to die. It hasn't yet. I cleaned the maf. I also checked my fuel pressure and this is where it gets weird. Turned key on engine off and it gave me about 50 psi I turned it off and the pressure...
  4. J

oxygen sensor question.

Done and done!:cool:
  5. J

oxygen sensor question.

A quick crimp and heat shrink and nothing. Codes going off like crazy. Then I thought of a fuse going out. Checked a fuse diagram and boom. Under the hood #13 a 15 amp fuse affecting all my 02 sensors. Ran a bit better got to work and misfire cylinder 4. Started with the spark plug pulled it at...
  6. J

How to: 4g alternator rebuild with pictures

Nice! Great job :chug:
  7. J

Led light bar behind grill.

Hell yeah I'm gonna try this too:thumbsup:
  8. J

oxygen sensor question.

Meth is a hell of a drug. Well IMA replace my passenger side (upstream) and hope it acts a little better. Tried going uphill yesterday and my check engine started flashing. So hopefully I can find some cheap cats or IMA have to buy them new.:burnout:
  9. J

HELLO

Welcome man!
  10. J

oxygen sensor question.

I've read the same. I'll try it and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'll just buy a new one :thumbsup:
  11. J

oxygen sensor question.

OK OK in hear ya. Well my right passenger side upstream oxygen sensor is bent, I had my truck sitting at a lot and someone cut out all my cats . just left me with my drivers side pre cat. I managed to weld on a pipe to get it running and not sound loud but it runs terrible .
  12. J

oxygen sensor question.

I just read someone say that other brands give out different readings and stuff but if that's the case then I'm just gonna pick some up this weekend.
  13. J

oxygen sensor question.

2000 explorer 4.0 ohv manual transmission 5 speed My explorer has a total of 3 oxygen sensors 2 upstream one downstream after the cat. The downstream sensor was hitting my exhaust and burned/cut a wire from the sensor. My question is should I solder heatshrink it? Or should I just replace. Also...
  14. J

2000 ford explorer sport ohv manual transmission ...

Got it done sorry for going mia for a couple of years haha
  15. J

Don't have it Also is there anyway to fill the transmission fluid after putting it back up?
  16. J

Cool Do I have to shoot some brake cleaner on these parts I got everything new fly wheel pressure plate clutch master slave....
  17. J

2000 ford explorer sport ohv 4.0 (manual) Ok so far I haven't found one here around la area(manual explorer). Went to autozone.. -_- simple question what's the tranny oil capacity. Not on the computer.... any one on here that can help me out???. .... Also right about to change my clutch. Any...
  18. J

po174 po171 heeellllp

Update Ended up being my pump and injectors oh well at least I know everything is brand new well everything except I need all 4 cats been running it straight Thanks the help
  19. J

po174 po171 heeellllp

Changed cats and injectors already. Just have low pressure on my fuel 40 psi while engine is running
  20. J

po174 po171 heeellllp

Already did twice. Even the guy that checked my fuel pressure thought the same. We both looked like fools when the pressure readings came in
  21. J

po174 po171 heeellllp

update Went to a shop that around my house. Asked the man to check my fuel pressure. It read 40 with the koer. So im guessing my fuel pump is done with. Any tips on changin it on my 4.0l ohv... Or can that fuel damper play a role in this mess????
  22. J

po174 po171 heeellllp

Heres the deal. 150,000 miles on my explorer running great until i got the famous po171 po174 codes. Had my truck sitting for a good while then finally Changed my# Coil#pack,#spark #plugs#wires,#spark plugs. Oil,#oil #filter#air#filter#and of course your#intake#gasket. Something told me to...
  23. J

Explorer 4.0 OHV - system too lean banks 1 & 2 Please HELP!!!

hey guys Heres the deal. 150,000 miles on my explorer running great until i got the famous po171 po174 codes. Had my truck sitting for a good while then finally Changed my Coil pack, spark plugs wires, spark plugs. Oil, oil filter air filter and of course your intake gasket. Something...
Back