Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Where Should I Plug This Dashcam?

Good topic. I have used a couple cameras myself but portable style. Hardwiring it in became a ordeal as you state. What camera did you decide on?
  2. C

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

I love my Husky liner. I carried some very heavy small cases 80-90 pounds in back. 6 of em . First I placed 1/4 inch ply on my liner. No problems
  3. C

Just curious, would anyone here buy the new Explorers?

you are in Chicago? Thinking snow? Deep snow? The gen 5 is sorely limited in its ability to plow thru deep snow. It gets stuck very easy. High centers and the wheels just spin. This was a tough winter last year and twice it snowed about a foot. These are brand new tires. No matter. They do not...
  4. C

2018 Sport- how did I do?

Just the numbers I think it is great to park into a zero interest loan, and any time you get price discounts and free weathertec mats. Who can complain??
  5. C

Help. Rear rotors

curious about the rotor assembly screw. If yours did not have one was there a hole where one might be used? Is this the OEM rotor?
  6. C

Help. Rear rotors

I was stumped with the screw/push caliper return. Always just used a c-clamp. What caused the bearings to go?
  7. C

Help. Rear rotors

Well it's been a week and I for one would like to know how the rotor challenge is going. Last week I too pounded the rotor to ring it loose. Had to whack it hard on the bottom. Replaced pads, lubed brake pad cradle and hub with neverseize. Mine were OEM a good 6 years from factory. All factory...
  8. C

My rear brakes look like they are wearing funny.

My 2013 inner rear brake pad is just recently eating the rotar. 61000 miles. No warning screech like I hoping would hear. The outside looks like yours where the rust is. The inside is probably dragging. The caliper is a POS on these trucks. Annual maintenance clean & lube moving surfaces is...
  9. C

Key Pad Hack

I'm thinking trip wire and grenades. But I am just thinking perhaps go back in time on mt NVR to see if he cased it first to get a VIN? Seems a lot of trouble for pocket change. I just printed the keypad with poor results.
  10. C

Key Pad Hack

Pete. A lot of Explorers were not equipped with GDO. Mine was not. i do have openers I could keep in the EX but for this very reason I do not. I just get out and use the one mounted on the remote.
  11. C

Key Pad Hack

Thank you Shelton for this information. I feel better already.
  12. C

Key Pad Hack

Thank you for this good information. I would not keep a GDO in the truck for that very reason but I will relay the concept to the deputy for good measure. Had not thought of that!!
  13. C

Key Pad Hack

Yes it would be a nightmare but that does mean anything. Used truck.
  14. C

Key Pad Hack

No sir the thief had no paper. He knew what he was doing. In and out about 4 minutes. This is grainy infrared lit video. When I let it run I can see his hand above the lock for a instant so I looked at the rubber for seal for signs of a slim-jim having scratched the rubber and see nothing. I...
  15. C

Key Pad Hack

You use the term Master code, which gets me to thinking of the old days where there were GM Master keys to all the cars. For years the phone companies used special code the public knew nothing about. Still do to some extent. It would not surprise me to find out there are common Master codes...
  16. C

Key Pad Hack

Your manual allows you to add numbers if you have the factory added number. I do not know of any way to see all the numbers. Good question. Also can it be disabled??
  17. C

Key Pad Hack

I have been in communications with a County Deputy who is checking with crime unit to hopefully get prints. Anyone who has been burgled and wonders if they left their vehicle unlocked should have interest in this.
  18. C

Key Pad Hack

Hi Peter When I bought the truck a bout 3 years ago I took the time to get the code from the dealer. I also added my own code to the memory so to say never is not absolute here. But I never use it. Point still being the thief did use it and did gain entry thru it. I have it on video. I was able...
  19. C

Key Pad Hack

I have never used it. No one does. His prints will be mine in the morning. Do we have a rouge Dealership employee?
  20. C

Key Pad Hack

It is a home security camera. it caught the thief at night with the infrared. Clearly he opens the door with it and again uses it again on exit for some reason. Another question is can the on board detect the pad being used?? Numbers pressed? It took him seconds to gain entry. He had the code...
  21. C

Key Pad Hack

Had my 2013 Ex rifled thru on Friday night. Clearly on my video camera the perp is using the keypad to gain entry. How is this possible??? Is there some sort of hack out there??
  22. C

Preemptive Timing Chain replacement?

I am sure every Explorer the dealership takes in with the mileage of yours that they intend to sell to their customers have new timing chains and water pumps in them.
Back