Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

No luck with map updates

Exact same occurrence here. I have updated to the 3.4.23188 but there are apparently no map updates and the auto update slide bar in Sync 3 is greyed out and thus unavailable. The current version of the maps is really bad - so bad that i have reverted to putting my old Garmin in this vehicle. I...
  2. J

No luck with map updates

connectivity is set in the center screen wifi set up so ensure that wifi is enabled and you have a strong signal. That said - in my vehicle the navigation was leading me on strange routes - that was resolved by the dealer doing a master system update which took about 90 minutes.
  3. J

2023 ST Rear Entertainment Issue

what state are you in ? Also do you have a documented repair order from each attempt? More info would be real helpful here.
  4. J

Question - how to remove interior qtr trim panel 2022 explorer xlt

Question - how to remove interior qtr trim panel 2022 explorer xlt
  5. J

Help:eek: Aussie damsel in distress here:-)

Mechanics are like every other trade people. Some are honest and some are crooks. In your situation, the detailed written list of absolutely requried repairs including an estimate of cost and time to repair is first,. If it is as bad as it sounds then be prepared to pay for the time to analyze...
  6. J

Found the Explorer.... but its a Buy Back?

Avoid it like the plague and walk away. I was a service manager for decades and with our close relationship with Ford Tech - we ended up with more that our share of other dealers last chance repair cars , knowing we would have a ford engineer on site to assist, We fixed maybe 50% - of the rest...
  7. J

Am I getting ripped off by dealer?

Finding a noise in a drive-line is often deceptive and troublesome. I Was a line tech for years and had my fair share of this stuff. The estimate you got does not list flat rate time in hours so that is my first concern here. While asking for the old parts is nice - it;s not foolproof. Too many...
  8. J

Floor, cargo mats / liners

I can only say that the weathertech ones in our 2016 explorer and 2019 edge are as good as they get. We have been using their products for many years and have never been disappointed
  9. J

Any 2011+ ham radio guys??

I never had a single problem turning in a lease with a cap over the roof mount. Truth be told no one ever sees it or they just don't care.
  10. J

I have a 2016 explorer and ran the power cabling under the vehicle and up thru the floor just ahead of the 2nd bench seat. There is a rubber grommet in the floor that works fine. Once the power is inside it is easy to snake around the carpet and various trim, console etc.. I have a Kenwood...
  11. J

How Does Battery Saver Program Work ?

Question - I would like to know in depth, the circuitry and operation of the Battery saver feature in the 2016 explorer. In days Past I would dial up engineering but retirement has eliminated that option. Any technical info will be appreciated, the more the merrier. thanks John Madura
  12. J

No start - no power battery ok

The throttle body was a defect and has ben replaced. I was a ford A tech and then a service mgr for a few decades so that I can deal with easily. Intermittent problems like this are tougher since if there are no codes and it does not present itself for the tech then there is very little a tech...
  13. J

In checking today we found a major ground under the hood on the right side that had hard glue on and between the body and the ground itself. Major resistance proved that ground was ineffective so we cleaned it. Right side - close to firewall attached to a bracket jutting out from the firewall -...
  14. J

NO there was no low battery warning. Indeed the battery itself was seemingly fully charged yet nothing worked - no headlamps, no instrumentation or radio interior lights- zilch. I believe it is a ground but I have not seen a ground that can do all of that and then work fine shortly afterwards...
  15. J

thanks folks - that's pretty much what the hotline folks think as well. We did check the main battery ground at both ends and it was fine - so my next tactic will be to run two new grounds, battery to engine and follow that to the chassis to make sure that at least one complete and valid...
  16. J

Strange event this morning. I got into the explorer and no lights, no power whatsoever and it would not start or even crank. Nothing worked yet the battery was fully charged and the cables were clean and tight. Hooked up a known good battery charger but still no power. Roadside showed up and...
  17. J

Only a 14-15 gallon tank?- MY17

I've been getting a consistent 19 around town and mid 20's on the highway. 2016 Explorer XLT std 6 cyl. I did notice that the Distance to empty was wrong for the last few fillups and was about to check with the dealer. Today I disconnected the battery to install an accessory and when done - the...
  18. J

How to: 2016 Explorer- Adding Remote Start Facts

Install done - 2016 xlt. DIsconnect battery, remove lower left dash panel which has 2 screws on the bottom and 3 clips on the bottom and 2 on top. Once the screws are out, gently pry with a screwdriver and it pops right out. Remove left dash side panel cover - all clips that pop out easy...
  19. J

Central New Jersey is and has been my home for over 60 years.

Central New Jersey is and has been my home for over 60 years.
  20. J

Neither part came with any installation manual or sheet and both boxes were factory sealed. They do refer the dealer to FMC dealer for installation assistance but it has been decades since i had access to that.
  21. J

Let me phrase this better, the module kit comes with a interconnect harness that has to get plugged into the factory harness - my question is where is that connection ( Gateway module ) Also i notice that the new harness has two pigtailed wires - one white and the other white with red - where do...
  22. J

Can anyone tell me where the VSS module is supposed to go? I've seen F-150 install video's but have not been able to find any on the 2016 explorer.
  23. J

Hello Craig, I initially hesitated quite awhile before I did mine - but now that I did it, I ( and my xyl) are happy with the install. The headliner is held in by magnets so the NMO mount is easy. I also waxed my roof prior to the hole being drilled and then taped the area off to prevent...
  24. J

I just fininshed refitting my 2016 explorer XLT. Kenwood TM-V71A remote head mounted with velcro on the center console under the ac controls - so if i have to get into the small console compartment where the USB plug is, I can just pull it off easily. Main radio unit is mounted under the...
  25. J

Can't remove right side glove box pin

Take a pair of cutting pliers and cut a the flat tab end off =- then the darn thing will slide back and for the easily. That solved this problem in my 2016 explorer. If you cannot get access then by all means put the heavy screwdriver on the right side lower hinge area and slide the pin...
Back