Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

5R55E No Reverse or Drive.

i know its old and been a while. but i rebuilt mine and found the prob. stripped od sprag as well as many associated parts. causes being shifting gears at high idle (mine) and rapid forward and reverse shifting. such as being stuck.
  2. R

Lifting my Sport.

when i first got mine i ran to orilley's and picked up 2 air overload shocks. little rough, but cheap and the easiest solution i found. im lazy... so what
  3. R

Failed attempt at 883 body lift...

when i did mine i made my own. so instead of useing longer bolts i bought grade 5 1/2" all-thread and cut it to legnth. i made 1/4" thick washers on top and bottom along with lock washers and thread locker. if i were you i'd drill out and go this rout on any you break. you'll have to get the...
  4. R

Spring wheeling trip at SMORR

trying to track down parts is killing me... i have the money, time, and want.... just cant find my early bronco or tranny donor. i had 4 bolts left in a m5r1 when they chased me out of the yard to close. next morning they scrapped the whole damn thing 30 min b4 i got there. only one they had and...
  5. R

all carb and manual???? computer issues?

thanks for the reply. for it fitting, metal is what i do and am fortunate enough to have a fabrication shop available after hours. also have 3" bl in place now. as for the legnth of motor and tranny that concerns me a bit. i worry about too much pitch off the case. i found a heavy duty u joint...
  6. R

all carb and manual???? computer issues?

i just scored a 71 f150 rolling with nice solid axles, steering box, tranny, t case, and have a carbed 351 on my stand. question is, what kinda electronic fits am i going to encounter. besides obvious abs speedo and hell, whole dash cluster.
  7. R

Solid Axles to use with stock width Explorer/Ranger

and why is it we don't use a jeep dana 30. can't just be a pride issue.:p:
  8. R

think i have enough time for tranny and sas swap b4? not sure what the time frame we're looking at here... rangrayy pm me and i'll give ya my cell.
  9. R

bl rangrayy, i live in pleasant hill and have done the lift. would be more than glad to help. one condition, i gotta swap a transmission. :D btw, anyone have or reccomend where to get a m5r1 and all accesories. you can find my 5r55e in the ditch:salute: oh yea, im in... after swap.
  10. R

well it no worky... and upon further review. tc is told to unlock when brake is depressed. command is overridden when manual gears are selected. so... me thinks what we have here... is a failure to communicate. or rather miss comunication. how ever brake lights still work, and no change when bpp...
  11. R

maybe... theory..., need to know. can you shift from p w/o brake peddle? brooklin, should i be able to?
  12. R

Any one near SW Missouri?

killer, count me in.
  13. R

Please help !!!

i had those traits with a bad hub assmbley. when cornering the weight loaded on that hub and put it back in alignment. straight it would return to pitch and grind. jack the front up and check for up down, left right play on both sides.
  14. R

5r55e riddle....

ah yes, but wheres the fun in throwing in a new tranny. its not about the destination, its the journey...:D as for the vb bolts and ect, i haven't checked. its 12* and snow on my gravel drive way... and if it were indeed the gasket why only in certen circumstances?
  15. R

5r55e riddle....

i as well as a few others have met on here and found we have a common problem. "THE JIST"- 1st and second pull fine when manually selected, as do 4th and 5th once were there. the problem is a lack of fluid pressure to engage 1st 2nd 3rd and r. only getting a slight pull from these in normal...
  16. R

update.... theres a hole in the bucket and nobody knows where. its a low pressure symptom but the question is where. so heres the riddle, what do 1st 2nd 3rd and reverse have in common? but only when 1st and second are not manually selected. there enlies the question, to the next transmission...
  17. R

how bout your solinoids though?????
  18. R

Belt tensioner broke!! help!!

just to calm fears about this little tensioner swap. when i was 19 i worked as a pizza delivery guy. (killer on the x, bad idea...:thumbdwn:) any way, the casting broke around the washer of the bolt and was sitting on the frame rail when i looked for the culprit. walked 2 blocks to parts store...
  19. R

tt99- just keepin you posted. sploder goes in to the doctor thursday. i'll tell ya what i find out. sorry for the slow going, its not my daily driver so i get to shop around... :confused: -mike
  20. R

hey man, i have the exact same problem. to the t. good to hear i have company. i've had the computer scanned and all the imput signals to the tranny are in order. didn't have any error codes due to a dead battery. my next step is taking it to have the tranny its self pluged up to see if all...
  21. R

Any one near SW Missouri?

hey all, just wanted to chime in. live round the kc area. would love to join ya this weekend, but the sploder is at the tranny doctor.
  22. R

wannabe tranny 911

so try this on. was pulling a 4x6 trailer with a bigscreen on the back. pulled up to a stop sign and went to pull off and got nothing but rpm's. reverse is enough to rock back a little. first and second work as long as i shift manually from one to two. third and up are gone. its a 98 sport with...
  23. R

4wd lights flashing randomly...

may not be much help, but check the connections on your 4x4 switch. at the dash and the t case. if a wire was cut/broke/disconnected it dosent tell your t case what gear to stay in. so flashes the indicator light. could be the source of the clunk too. havent found a trustworthy shop yet.:(
  24. R

Chain rattling noise

might check the dust shields on the brakes too. may want to check your front hubs too.:rolleyes:
  25. R

Front Hum while driving but not when turning left????

a word of wise. might invest in a alignment. i cooked two on the same side in a year. had warrenty on the hub, but still not a fun job.
Back