Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

WTB: Cold Air Intake for 4.0L SOHC 99

I'm looking for a cold air intake setup for my 99' Ford Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC. I currently just have the add on air intake attached to my stock air inlet tube but the tube is leaking and letting unmetered air seep in. Letme know if you had an intake setup for sale or know someone. Thanks!
  2. C

Checking for worn ball joints

To throughly check the lower ball joints you have to jack up the car on the lower control arms just enough that the tires come off the ground and stick a prybar or something like it between the tire and the ground. Pry up and down to lift the tire a bit and watch for movement on the lower ball...
  3. C

:(

:eek: Glad your ok!
  4. C

totaled

in 01 did they start having rear independent suspension? I could of sworn they were still the solid axle in the rear with no alignment adjustments in the rear...oh n/m you were talking about the frame not being aligned right when it was repaired...my bad heh
  5. C

Rear Ended

u might be lucky looking for one at pick-your-part or ecology. this weekend at pick-your-part they are having a 50% off parts. good luck
  6. C

Alignment question: Caster?

yea on most ford trucks they want the cross caster adjustments to be at least 1/2° difference between the left and right tires, with the right tire having a higher caster degree than the left wheel(meaning the left wheel furthur back than the right wheel). this is to compensate for road crown on...
  7. C

Transmission rear seal leak

Thanks, I'll clean everything down with brake cleaner and see if it still leaks. So far there is no new atf leaking :D
  8. C

oh theres an overfill vent in that seal or around that area?
  9. C

I have a 99 2wd auto 4.0L SOHC sport and after helping out my buddies who was stuck out in the mountains(7 of us in my 2dr explorer going up a mountain offroading), I saw small patch of ATF fluid on my garage floor. I looked up and it appears to be leaking at the rear of the transmission where...
  10. C

SRS Light Lights up during hot days

I checked the fuse and the contacts were clean. I also scanned the code while the SRS light was on and now its just mentioning the B1994 code. I had my alternator load tested and it tested good. Still dont know what could be causing this problem
  11. C

What does "XLT" really mean?

I have a 99 2wd 2dr sport and it didnt have the automatic dimming mirror nor the auto lights.I purchased the auto dimming mirror w/auto lights off ebay and installed it. It was not that hard to install(just finding the correct wires) and theres actually a thread how to install those auto dimming...
  12. C

Na its never been in a collision and the alternator is still charging (13.3-13.5v) and its still the original! I just want to get this problem solved so I dont have any worries wondering if my airbags will deploy if I get into an accident. The SRS light blinked about 4-6 times within last...
  13. C

My SRS light seems to be coming on intermittently during hot days(90+ degrees f). I wonder if the heat has anything to do with it lighting up. I got the codes read off a Mac Tools ABS/Airbag reader and come up with 2 codes. B1869 - Air Bag Indicator Inoperative B1994 - Driver Air Bag...
  14. C

brakes

the pistons in the brake caliper?:scratch:
  15. C

brakes

I personally like to put ceramic pads on my explorer like Akebonos, Posi Quiet, or Black Label Pads...just my preference and they dont squeak. I've put on semi metallic pads and those squeaked in less than a month
  16. C

Intermittent start on 99 EB

you should find it behind the passengers side kickpanel
  17. C

bad idle on cold start

mine used to do that all the time early in the morning. have you had that recall done to your car where they replaced both your upper and lower intake manifold gaskets?
  18. C

ok i checked the inertia switch connection and its good but wouldnt the fuel reset light trigger intermittently if the connection was loose? my pcm seems to be good, theres no check engine light and i read the codes and no codes are found. thanks so far but i still cant figure out where the...
  19. C

I've checked the fuses/connection and the relay. I didnt replace the relay, i just swapped the relay from my horn relay and it still has the same problems. I havnt check the PCM or know what the PCM is lol. Is it that thing on the top of the firewall close to the passenger side that looks like a...
  20. C

did you ever fix your problem? that is exaclty what am experiencing with my vehicle now though my fuel pressure is at 66psi with the vehicle running and drops down to 20psi within a minute after shutting off the vehicle. its been happening fequently now that its colder (32F) whenever i have...
  21. C

Sears Alignment

well if u noticed the before and after specs for camber from the 1st readings, he never made adjustments on them. the only adjustments he was able to adjust was front toe. the camber specs are borderline but still within specs therefore he didnt require a camber kit but its still suggested to...
  22. C

post pics of your HID's

are you changing them cuz of the light output? i currently have 4300k which are really bright but i wanted something alittle blueish, not too blue so im debating either picking up some 8000k or 6000k...
  23. C

HID Retrofit Log 99 Explorer *LOTS OF PICS*

yeah i had that feeling that i'd have to rewire my wiring to the schematics i've seen on hidplanet.com as to not burn out the solenoid....kinda been lazy to fix the wiring....and been so lazy fixing my shrouds that im driving with two different shrouds on my projectors lol. 1 shroud i made out...
  24. C

Dealer replacement oil dipstick wrong

Just wondering if anyone had to buy a new oil dipstick from Ford only to find that the new dipsticks max line is higher by i'd say a quart? I had to buy one recently from Ford because I broke mine while changing out my spark plugs(doh) and the new part is the same length and the mininum fill...
Back