Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

I was reading the side affects of long term exposure to carbon dioxide and they explain most of the health issues I've been having over the last two years that doctors can't seem to figure out. Coincidentally almost had the Explorer for 2 years.
  2. M

Yeah I wanted to trade my 16 XLT lease for a 17 Limited but this might make that even less realistic, I'm already upside down on it because it's lost 35% of it's value in the first year already.
  3. M

Tempted to drive mine down there. Not too far of a ride.
  4. M

You can't even make this sh*t up - happened in a town near me right after this NHTSA story https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wcvb.com/article/police-officer-crashes-after-exposure-to-carbon-monoxide-chief-says/10403295
  5. M

Let us know how it goes, and what the TSB # is. I have a fairly reliable service advisor at my local dealer - but my Explorer has already spent about 1 of the last 2 months on their lot, I don't want to keep bothering him and wear out my welcome.
  6. M

Just bought 2015 sport, loss of power

You spent too much money repairing your Explorer so you're going to buy a freshly redesigned Chevy? You might want to look around a little more than that unless you want to put yourself through the same thing again. With every issue I've had with my Explorer, my best friend who is a mechanic at...
  7. M

Dual Moon roof Rattle

I chalk it up to it being a new model (the 2016 has quite a few new components considering it was only supposed to be a cosmetic refresh), mechanically the car is fairly reliable with the exception of the throttle body issues. Pretty much every issue I've had has been solved en mass with the...
  8. M

Dual Moon roof Rattle

They removed my moonroof and re-sealed it twice now: it still rattles but not nearly as bad. The body shop tech said that these rattling is normal, he's never seen one not rattle. I find that hard to believe as mine didn't do it for the first year and a half I had it. I don't know what else to...
  9. M

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Good to know, mine is back in as of yesterday for the park aid and the moonroof again. If they don't resolve the moonroof issue on this visit I'll mention that. My service advisor was going to have their body shop do the moonroof to make sure it's done properly. Edit: they paid for a rental car...
  10. M

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Well, looks like I'm driving a 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD for the weekend. Ford Dealer had to escalate parking sensor issue to Ford because they couldn't figure it out, the SA didn't have an update for me on the rattling moonroof when he called because they had spent the entire day attempting to...
  11. M

Dual Moon roof Rattle

They already pulled my front bumper and replaced one of them a few months ago, I don't know what's going on now.
  12. M

Dual Moon roof Rattle

I noticed that if I push up on the fixed glass portion of the dual roof when it's rattling it stops. Mines going in Monday for an oil change, fix the failing park aid errors constantly (for the second time, removed front bumper cover and replaced some wiring the first time), rattling moonroof...
  13. M

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Let me know how it goes - mine does this but worse.
  14. M

New guy here!

Welcome! Show us some pictures of the beast once you get your work done on it!
  15. M

Smoother Ride Limited or Sport? Cool seats worth it?

Wow I drove about 800 miles down 95 going 70-75 MPH and got 5 MPG less. Same mileage on the clock too. Mine also doesn't show how many gallons I've used, must be a Limited or pre-refresh thing?
  16. M

anyone have a hard upshift at low speed?

My 2016 with the 3.5NA and 6F50 (no tow package) does this intermittently.
  17. M

Almost Ready to Buy a 2017 Limited

Curious to hear what you like better about the 2.3? I just drove 900 miles, most down Route 95 in the US in my 3.5NA and was wishing I had the TT for lack of power on big hills and such.
  18. M

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

Looks good! I'm jealous, there's hard water spots allover my windows and black trim, as well as the Chrome trim across the back of the car, that no one can seem to get off. I doubt anyone but me notices it, but looking at how clean yours is made me a little jealous.
  19. M

Dumping my 2016 XLT

Even better, when I tell mine to call my girlfriend it just goes back to playing music. No error at all. Just doesn't do anything. Have to use Siri Eyes Free.
  20. M

2017 Explorer Platinum Purchase Report

Every year? Interesting. I'd like to know more about this.
  21. M

2018 Explorer

I like the new front fascia, hoping for more details soon. Noticed on the Ford website that it has SYNC Connect available.
  22. M

Dumping my 2016 XLT

What do you mean by quick dial option?
  23. M

Dumping my 2016 XLT

Yeah, how much of a hit was it on the 16? I want to dump mine for a 2018 Platinum when it's here.
  24. M

2020 Explorer or Aviator?

I'm all over the Aviator if it comes back!
Back