Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 3

2000 EB 4.0SOHC is Lean P0171, P0174 after I did a bit of engine maintenance...

give me a few hours and I will write up a better description...
  2. 3

OBD no power... which fuse controls it?

2000 Eddie Bauer 2 WD 4.0 SOHC .... the check engine light just came on and when attempting to scan for codes, I have no power at the OBD port. the fuse diagram really doesnt say... can someone comment?
  3. 3

Need Advice... best approach to replace fuel line pipe along engine

so i damaged my fuel line pipe on my 2000 4.0 SOHC while doing the upper left timing chain tensioner. the line, pipe, runs from the left side bank where it connects back to the run from filter to near the exhaust manifold, has a bracket which bolts to the left side block, and then runs up...
  4. 3

Need advice - need to replace fuel lines going to both fuel rails - ford discontinued part

I believe I eed to replace my fuel line near the passenger side, right bank, near the end of metal mesh line near mounting flange to to injector rail. The line starts somewhere below the left bank and runs first to the left bank, then has a pressure test fitting then runs to the right bank...
  5. 3

URGENT ! Need to know what sensor / wiring is

Urgent! Need to find out what sensor/ pigtail wiring this is for. 2000 Eddie Bauer explorer 4.0 sohc with eatc and 2wd. The sensor appears to be located in the middle to back of the top of the engine block. It has a bold straight down. The wiring the runs forward to behind the tstat housing...
  6. 3

Getting ready for Water Pump R&R on 2000 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC

Will be replacing the water pump on my 2000 Eddie Bauer with a 4.0 SOHC (Towing package). I've read that possibly the radiator may need to come out as to provide the necessary clarence to get the water pump out. Is this the case? what setup / packages / trim requires that extra step of pulling...
  7. 3

Thinking My 2000 Security Module is not receiving signal from FOBs

Needing proper advice over diagnosing the Remote/Security/FOB system on a 2000 EB Edition. a few months ago, my FOBs stopped working, lock/unlock the doors. On both, I used a new battery and made sure the connect points were snug. One FOB had been unused for most of its life and last time tried...
  8. 3

Best Adhesive to Reattach Window to 2 small tracks

I have to resecure my drivers door window to the regulator track in my 2000 Explorer 4 door. there are two small brackets / tracks that are about 2 inches long each on the far sides of the window. It seems that the original may have been some type of silicone or something. What is the best /...
  9. 3

HVAC system is not blowing air... failed when driving, now EATC Code 52

I turned on the AC one early-morning and after driving for 2 minutes, the fan stopped blowing. Ran the EATC self check and got code 52. (A/C solar radiation sensor circuit short to ground) 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer RWD with EATC I have not begun to troubleshot past the EATC self check yet as I...
  10. 3

Need Clarification For Part Number of Blend Door Actuator - 2000 EATC

2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC RWD only with EATC (no rear HVAC system). So I had my blend door actuator go bad... Was getting thumping noise and then intermittent issues on vent temp output. codes 24/25 when I ran the diagnostic test. I took out the actuator and found that 2 splines were...
  11. 3

Swapped in 2000 Front Seats with Airbags, now Airbag Warning light on after flashing 3-6

So I found a great set of front seats from a 2000 Eddie Bauer SOHC 4x4 and they had seat airbags. The yellow terminal under the seat does have wiring leaving it that appears to actual run into the seat itself. I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer RWD and my original seats did not have Airbags. The...
  12. 3

Best 2006-2010 explorer configuration to buy for long term use

so, I have owned my 2000 EB 4.0 SOHC now for 11 years... it’s be great and have dealt with the t-stat issue often and more than I have liked to have. And really that’s been the worst and only pita issue. But really this suv has been great to have and really it was a great value in terms of total...
  13. 3

Possible t-stat housing or water pump leaking... can’t get a good view angle

2000 rwd with 4.0 soho with ac. i have a coolant leak which appears to be coming from the right side (pass) of the pump. I just can’t get a good look at it to really verify it. I am thinking to pull off the alternator, alt bracket, and tensioner just to verify it. May put everything back on...
  14. 3

Best approach to replacing front suspension parts

looking to service original shocks, lower ball joints, upper control arms (since it seems to do so rather than replacing upper ball joints). I just replaced the stabilizer links as a bushing was destroyed. Tie rods seem ok. This is a rear wheel drive. So in doing all 3, what is better to do...
  15. 3

Rpm occasionally dropping to 400 when coasting

i notice that periodically my rpm will dip quickly from say 1000-1200 rpm down to 400 and then back up to say 800-1000 when I am coasting between 10-25 mph. It usually when I am approaching say a red light in the distance and I simply Coast as to prepare to brake. I would guess this has...
  16. 3

Best after market radiator brand?

I have a slow leak from an upper seam neck the upper hose inlet neck.... tired of dealing with seeing a little coolant on the ground... seems the Original part was XL2H 8005-DA or 8005(RAD-132) and now the part number is XL2Z8005DA ? I have the heavy duty towing package and the SOHC set up...
  17. 3

Need Adice on Discconecting Vapor Tube from Vapor Evap Check Valve on Fuel tank

I am now hanged up on dropping my 21 gallon tank by the vapor tube not disconnecting from the Evap Vapor Check Valve. the tank is partially down a few inches. I take it that these connectors are removed by pressing in both tabs on the female connector, right? I feel like the far side seems to...
  18. 3

To do a rear differential oil service or not?

I have a 2000 explorer RWD with the 4.10 limited slip. My rear differential has near been service yet, 154k miles. I've seen ideas that it should be done at 150 and then every 30-60 afterwards... In my owners manual i read it has 75w140 synthetic gear oil that they say never needs serviced in...
  19. 3

acts like the fuel pump, must be the fuel pump, right?

well I made it through the winter barely this time as many times I had to bang on the tank with with rubber mallet... and parked inclined each time I am not too savvy when it comes down to electronic diagnostics, but everything is pointing to a fuel pump from what I read.. background... 2000...
  20. 3

Replacing Cam Timing Chain Tensioner on 2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC

I am in doing my thermostat housing and figured its a good time to replace the timing chain spring tensioner on the left bank front since I have access to it. My question here now is that the is a pinhole in the tensioner and a 1/4" hole in the thread area for it in the head. I do take it that...
  21. 3

Getting "Vehicle Specs" to display

I noticed that when I post, the left side column area showing my info is not listing my vehicle specs. I only have entered this info under my profile but it was only a text field.... How do I get to setting this info that will display then under vehicle specs? I am only a free member at...
  22. 3

Thermostat Housing 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC - Leak, bolt, & removal issues

I have searched and read many posts and Youtube videos regarding this housing, common issues of the leak, and removal procedures... HOWEVER, I can not find a video with the proper steps (even the Ben Grosser link) that truly identifies the set up that I have. I will try to add pictures soon...
  23. 3

Removal of exhaust shield for 5r55e transmission service

I am preparing for a diy servicing on my transmission. The first three were done by shops. I can only floor jack this and of course will be laying down doing the work:( I am needing to ask, how is the exhaust shield bolted or secured on to the trans housing and is it required to be removed or...
Back