Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Maximum Traction Solution - 4th Gen Differential Tech

Thanks, i'm ok with joining another group! but i agree, i like the DIY element and the uniqueness that goes with it.
  2. E

You don't 'need it' until you do. I agree there are better cars for the job, but i do wonder if anyones actually gone and done it or not.
  3. E

So has anyone actually done a front selectable locker in a 3rd/4th gen? seems most people end up going LSD's.
  4. E

Rough Country 5" Lift

Looks like there is finally an alternative to the Superlift, 5in Ford Ranger Lift Kit (98-11) little bit of discussion on some of the ranger forums, but doesn't appear to be any proper reviews as yet. There seems to be a driveshaft available seperately
  5. E

3rd gen column to floor shifter

Did any come with a floor shifter in the US?
  6. E

Long Time lurker showing off Jurassic Explorer

welcome! I like the theme. I've recently finished my JP Exp too
  7. E

Ford ETIS is different now, what happened?

Following the registration process and prior to accessing Mechanical Repair, Body & Paint, Wiring Diagrams and IDS licence fee payment, an initial minimum Pre-Payment of 50 Euros is payable to Ford on the Website using a valid credit or debit card. This is the Initial charge for your FordEtis...
  8. E

Ford ETIS is different now, what happened?

You need to create an account and login
  9. E

'99 Explorer LS Swap Finished - Was has anyone done it?

Was it a rear or front sump engine?
  10. E

So you went RWD in the end yeah?
  11. E

thats brilliant, i'm amazed it fits. can't wait to hear more details
  12. E

Would they fit?

For $100 more you could get new dynamics http://stores.ebay.com.au/tarziatyrecentre/Wheels-/_i.html?_fsub=2640728011&_dmd=2&_nkw=114.3
  13. E

M5OD Waterproofing

Given there appears to be no extendable breather on the M5OD, the consensus seems to be that it either vents through the shifter or some plastic plugs, has anyone attempted to seal up the M5OD and add a proper breather hose? I know that those who install a hurst shifter have issues with venting...
  14. E

Floor shifter

I assume you mean for an Automatic? Australian Explorers all had floor shift if thats of any interest.
  15. E

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Nah, i blocked up the standard intake hole on the airbox (its at the front) made a new old in the side and attached some pipe and sealed it all up. I didnt remove the fender, but it took a little bit of trial and error getting it all up in there, its very tight between the fender and the inner...
  16. E

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Tough to line up, the inner fender limits the placement if you want to have it line up with the door somewhat. but it came up alright!
  17. E

Return of the Ranger and Bronco???

3.5 Tonne Towing
  18. E

Lift specs and questions

you could use longer shackles, but they're not legal here. alternatively higher rated leafs.
  19. E

Solved Everything you wanted to know about PATS.

But if you were needing to change PCM, you would only need to change the PCM and the key/barrel along with it?
  20. E

Solved Everything you wanted to know about PATS.

Is PATS paired with any other modules or components? Or is it just key/barrel/pcm?
  21. E

Aussie locker in 98 EB 5.0 explorer?

I think it was this one: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwt-92-0688-3128/overview/
Back