Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

will this bolt right up?

a friend of mine has a 99 limited explorer and he hit a deer and now its totalled. his rear end is fine and everything and i looked at his axle code and hes got 4.10s and he said that he will just give me his whole rear end since he bought his explorer back for a parts vehicle. can i just take...
  2. B

Is this good?

Today I got a Visonik 1000 watt amp today - V4218 for an early christmas present. I havent swapped it out with my other amp yet so I'm not sure how it is. Does anyone have this kind of amp? Or any kind of Visonik amp? How do they sound? and are they an alright amp?
  3. B

solid axle or not?

tonight i finished helping my friend lift his 88 (i think its an 88) f250 so he could run 42s. he built the lift and everything himself in less than a week. i saw that his truck had a solid axle but didnt ask if the 80s f250s came with ttb or solid axle and hes now on his way back to arkansas...
  4. B

finally sittin on some 35s

i had a 3 inch body lift and 33x9.50s and last night me and my brother in law added a 2 inch suspension lift on top of that and this morning i put my 35s on it. it hasnt rubbed at all yet but i think its because i have the dunlop radial mud rover (small 35). within a week im going to be elite...
  5. B

changing coil springs

I just ordered 2 inch lift coil springs for my explorer. when yall change yours, do you just stick a socket and extention down the coil and use a wrench as a backup on the bolt? ive searched but couldnt really find what im looking for. thanks.
  6. B

where do i buy these lights?

i just ordered clear taillights for my explorer today from pro car parts and nobody in this town has a 1357 red light bulb for my taillight. where did everyone else get their bulbs? thanks.
  7. B

i need suggestions

tonight me and a friend r putting new bumpers on my explorer. its going to be just 3 inch pipe going straight across, nothing special. when im welding up my bumper, will it be ok to use a wire feed welder on this? i have a friend with an arc welder that can do it if he should. but will a wire...
  8. B

time to work on audio

ive got my explorer lifted and everything how i want it to be, except for the audio. this week i am going to buy some door speakers first and i know that 6x8 will fit in the front doors, but what is the rear door speaker size? thanks.
  9. B

do you think this will fit?

right now I have a 3 inch body lift and 33x9.50s on my explorer. I have seen people run a 5.5 inch lift with 35s and Im wondering if I get 2 inch lift coils for the front and aal in the rear, will I be able to fit 35x12.50 with a 8 inch wide rim without hitting the fender?
  10. B

bent bumper

my front bumper hangs low on each side of my explorer.....any ideas how to get it bent back into place without making a new one or buying a new one? thanks.
  11. B

sas questions

im planning on doing a solid axle swap on my 91 explorer. i just need to know what vehicle to get the axle out of, and what vehicle should i get the leaf springs out of? and also, what do i do with the steering, ive heard of some kind of kits you can order but i cant find the address anymore...
  12. B

lift question

i want to do a soa in the rear, but whats a cheap way that i can lift the front about 4 or 5 inches also, without buying a kit. like what custom parts can i make or what do i have to deal with and everything. thanks.
  13. B

regearing question

i talked to a mechanic and i want to run 38s and put 5.13s, he told me that i dont even have to regear my axles, and also, if i put 5.13s then it will take my explorer a long time to hit like 70 mph on the highway or something, im pretty sure i have to regear, but if i do, will my explorer be...
  14. B

perrys fenders

im wondering how much the perry fenders are cut back because ive got the 3 inch body lift, and im wantin the 2 inch skyjacker lift with the fenders and i want to know what size of tires i can run.
  15. B

what gears do i need?

im going to run 36s on my explorer and im putting 4.56s in, and for the 8.8 rear end do i need regular cut 4.56s or reverse cut 4.56s?....also, if i go ahead and put 4.56s with my 32s on...will it mess anything up? or should i wait till the 36s r here?
  16. B

maf question

if i take out the screen in my mass air flow sensor, will that mess anything up? thanks.
  17. B

how much of a lift will i get?

im wanting to remove my front and rear sway bars tomorrow and im wondering exactly how much of a lift will i get? ive done a search but i couldnt find an exact answer. ive heard its about like 2 inches or so...
  18. B

stock lenght shocks?

im going to do the coil spacer/shackles and i was wondering if i need longer shocks, or can i use my stock length ones? thanks.
  19. B

has anyone tried this?

instead of using a 2 inch coil spacer, has anyone tried using a 3 inch body lift block to take its place? ive thought about doing it before but im not too sure it would work. think it would?
  20. B

what size of tires can i run?

if i have 4.56 gears, what size of tires can i run?
  21. B

regearing question

ok im gonna regear from 3.73 to 5.13s so i can run 38s and i saw that there is 5.13 regular and 5.13 reverse cut? whats the one that i need? and if i need reverse for the front, do i need that in the rear? or can it be regular too?
  22. B

what ratio do i need?

right now i have 3.73 ls and im putting a solid front axle in it and im gonna run 38s, so what gear ratios will i need in order to run 38s?
  23. B

will this fit?

ive got a 3 inch body lift and im running 32x11.50...can i run 33x10.50 without rubbing?
  24. B

tire size and gear ratio

i have the 3.73 ls gears on my explorer and im wondering if i put 35s, will i eventually lose my transmision or what...im just wondering what all happens if i put the 35s with those gears.
  25. B

suspension question

im planning on putting a 4 inch lift on, and ive heard people say that u can run a 4 inch suspension without rotating the axles, and some people say they arent sure...so if i put a 4 inch suspension lift on, do i need to rotate the axles? and how much?
Back