Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Going to replace engine/trans/torque mounts

Just wrapped up the driver side transmission mount. Yes, you can just use a jack to hold up the engine and get the bolts started. The two 13mm the go sideways into the frame rail are a ***** to pull in and put back. Use a 13mm and 15mm deep stickers with impact gun to remove/replace the main...
  2. I

Going to replace engine/trans/torque mounts

Getting ready to do this one myself. For the "insulator" on the drivers side, I haven't started but it looks to be "buried" under the battery and intake assembly. Is this right?
  3. I

Heated seats/wheel

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but this is the closest one I found talking about seats. I noticed on our '13 Limited, that both the heat and a/c indicators will only max at 2 bars. Actual heating and cooling are working, but curious if there is a reason we're limited to bar 1 and bar 2...
  4. I

enough doom and gloom, lets hear some high mileage, reliable 5th gen. stories.

2013 Limited, 136k miles. Had to replace the A/C compressor last summer at over $1k. Dissappointing. P0420/P0430 I'm currenly dealing with. I'm guessing its a leaky manifold gasket causing a lean condition triggering the code or original spark plugs causing a rich condition triggering the...
  5. I

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

Joined the club today. Grrrrrr.... Have to take a look at the material. Might be mixing up some fiberglass resin this weekend for this.
  6. I

Disable LED Signature Lights

Sorry I'm late to the party. My mod explains the "switch method." How to turn-off all lights with tailgate open?
  7. I

How to turn-off all lights with tailgate open?

I did a mod for this. Our family also goes to the drive-in movies and the kids camp out in the back with the tailgate up. I tried the rear latch trick, but it was messy(greasy) and unreliable for us. This mod basically introduces a new switch that "pulls" the fuse for the overhead lights and...
  8. I

2011 "herky jerky" ghost shifting, 117k miles

Nope. Didn't have full blown codes, just minor notes in the readings you get when you run the codes through the Torque app. I know its time to change plugs (120k miles, 50k with us), and I feel a little "jerky" from the car from time to time when driving. Helps to "toss out" that the trans is...
  9. I

2011 "herky jerky" ghost shifting, 117k miles

Ooooh, thanks for the insight! I've seen a few misfire notes on my OBD2 as well. With similar "jerky" actions. Time for plugs, it looks like!
  10. I

Engine stalled: "Low oil pressure"

I got the "low oil pressure" warning light. Checked oil for proper level, fired up my OBD2 sensor and Torque app on my phone just in case. All was good. Drove it for a bit and noticed no temp rise or anything else abnormal other than the light. Replaced the oil pressure sensor near the oil...
  11. I

Deciding between 13,15 and 16(?) Limited

We can agree to disagree. The OP already stated that the '13 was $1750 cheaper... Book Trade-in on a 15 Limited with 31k miles with standard options sits at $25.5k. Book Trade-in on a 13 Limited with 28k miles with standard options sits at $20.7k. Does the Tow III pack value at almost 5k on...
  12. I

Deciding between 13,15 and 16(?) Limited

At the same price, the 15. The 13 should be at least 10-15% less in price.
  13. I

Steering Wheel removal tips and tricks

Yeah, I saw that and looked for Explorer as part of it. I assume I'll just pull the bolt, dab a little loctite blue on it and snug it back down.
  14. I

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

Here's the thread you need. Corroded Battery Terminal Cable
  15. I

Steering Wheel removal tips and tricks

I've got a loose/wobbly steering wheel right now, so this was certainly informative and confidence expiring in taking a look at it! Excellent write up thank you!
  16. I

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

Checking in as another corroded terminal owner! 2013 Explorer Limited I blamed the small cracks on the battery leading to acid vapor escaping and bathing the terminal with acid. I replaced the battery and picked up a new terminal assembly with red cap and all from a local wrecker for $40.
  17. I

Motorized steering column not, er, motoring

Did you find out why on this one? Ours is doing exactly the same thing.
Back