Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

New CAI for V8 STA

I asked a friend who got his Subaru dyno'd and he said a true AWD dyno has a link between the front and rear drums that can be linked on or off depending on the vehicle....in our case the front wheels would turn as usual and not think they were slipping. A quick search found at least a couple...
  2. G

New CAI for V8 STA

I've heard this dyno perspective on a few different threads and don't quite understand....there are plenty of 4 wheel rolling dynos around....especially for those that specialize in AWD cars like subarus or Evos. Find a SCT dealer that has one and tune the truck to the specific config.....am I...
  3. G

Disable '08 DRL?

I believe this is an option in the PCM which the dealer can program on or off. They'll probably charge you $50 or so do it.
  4. G

Factory chrome grill bubbling

TSB 08-10-4 for your chrome grill I hear motorcraft.com is a pretty reliable internet source for TSBs :) Though you have to toss them a few bucks for temp access. Sadly, I've come to use this site to diagnose annoyances on my truck....had at least 6 issues that ended up being TSBs (don't get...
  5. G

Factory chrome grill bubbling

Tsb There is a TSB on the front grill chrome....they should replace it.
  6. G

Turning off logo on Nav unit?

Once the radio is off, push and hold down the power button and the screen will go blank. This needs to be done each time.
  7. G

Battery Discharge Rate

Very wierd, not sure what some are having problems and others are not. My 06 Limited has the factory battery and it starts right up after 2 weeks or so.....knock on wood. Not sure if it would help, but it might be worth it to have Ford update your PCM...never know what little tweaks they've...
  8. G

Rust on base of seat on '06 EB Explorer

same here wow...thought i was the only one. Same story, bought my 06 from a dealer who had got it from a Ford auction....it was originally a Canada truck and I bought it with just under 10K miles. The interior (and exterior and undercarriage for that matter) of the truck is perfect....I have...
  9. G

Voice Guide on 2006 Navigation

are you referring to the audible turn-by-turn directions? If so, it is labeled as "feedback" on the Nav setup screen.
  10. G

4x4 Clunk

clunk and whine I've just moved to a very snowy area and was able to truly use the 4x4 feature for the 1st time. When in default 4x4 Auto mode, I notice the same thing you do....fairly loud clunk when it engages. This is usually accompanied by the traction control light flash. It's...
  11. G

factory remote start / 06 explorer

With my 99 EB, the horn would honk if you locked the doors with the key FOB, waited a few minutes for system to arm itself, and then tried to unlock from inside or pull inside handle. If I remember correctly, I could get the same result by locking with inside switch as I got out.....or with...
  12. G

damn, thats annoying. You're absolutey right....horn didn't honk when I tried to unlock from inside. I guess I made a poor assumption in thinking that my 06 at least had the same features as my 99 EB. The flashing light sure looks fancy though. Can anyone else with the factory alarm add-on...
  13. G

I'm looking to get the factory remote starter because I wish to just have one key FOB. I'm still a bit confused on factory add-on remote start/alarm combo. Someone on this forum posted that the add-on alarm feature does not work with the door keypad entry (keypad will not disable...
  14. G

TPMS reset

The TPMS is not in the stems...it is a small module that clips to a band that goes around the diameter of the wheel. Don't know of a way to "reset" them. You may have a faulty module or the battery in one of them died.
  15. G

Still would really appreciate to hear of the "dangers" before I put this unit in this winter. Thanks.
  16. G

What's the diff between tow and non-tow 06 V8 Explorers

Where did you see that 06+ V8's had 3.73? They all have 3.55's as far as I know. To my knowledge the only gear difference is between V6 and V8, regardless of tow package. I believe the only additional features in the 06+ tow packages (again, regardless of V6 or V8) is the 4/7-pin wiring...
  17. G

oh nooes a newb.

please check the respective Nav threads I'll give a quick answers to get you on the right track but the Nav install and associated wiring has been discussed in great depth in other threads in this forum....so please do a search and read up and ask any further questions in those threads...
  18. G

Harsh downshift to first gear ( 4x4 V8 )

I have this exact same issue and it is almost impossible to avoid. So frustrating as I think about it when I come up to almost every stop. Especially very annoying in stop and go traffic where you don't come to complete stop each time. I even tried to take out the lag with an XCal2...
  19. G

Donner, could you ellaborate on the dangers? Are you refering to it somehow disabling the OEM security system? Thanks
  20. G

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

Thanks for the update....keep us posted. I'm in the same boat as you but in the middle of moving and won't be able to find a new dealer and take it in until mid-Jan. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll have a new transmission design ready to go by then....ha ha.
  21. G

Adding Sirius

Actually they do not. As mentioned in the earlier posts, the Ford unit used the FAKRA style SMD connector.....I looked at other Sirius antennas that came with the aftermarket module kits and the ones I saw were a different type. Though I'm sure you could splice the plug....but not ideal...
  22. G

Upgraded to Navigation

heck, I'd put up with that if it would let you enter a new address while in motion. I would never try to do it as the driver...but it keeps my passenger from being able to input an address until we are dead stop....really annoying if you are on the hwy. Would think any liability would be...
  23. G

Should I buy a new X?

true statements, but my vision has been clouded by 5 trips to the dealer for loose trim (outside and inside) and a clunking/jerking 6 speed (comes with the V8).
  24. G

Should I buy a new X?

nope I know opinions will vary greatly...but I was in a similar situation as you. I had a 99 5.0 AWD EB...perfect shape. Have an 06 V8 4x4 now....sure it is new with some bells and whistles and is much much quieter....but if I had to choose again I would have got a different vehilce or even...
  25. G

Towing cross country

I don't believe a 6-speed auto is available in any of the Ford trucks other than Explorers. There's a 6 gear manual available for the F-150, but the auto is still 5 speed.
Back