Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. TxPlates

Project - "Rock Trac" Restoration

Well it's been awhile, but back to working the Trac. Neighbors complained since it wasn't registered, so got some new tires and got her "inspected" and registered yesterday.
  2. TxPlates

Spent a little time with the Trac today. Got the new spark plugs and wires installed. Fresh oil change and filter (she was about 1.5 quarts low too). New headlamp, passenger door mirror, and tail lamp installed. Windshield has been replaced.
  3. TxPlates

2001 4.0 to 5.0 questions (please no search posts)

Kris Guilbeaux and Russell Darnell are good ones to respond to this. They helped do this in the Rock Trac, which is a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, and we took the 5.0L from a 2000 Ford Explorer Limited. Pats comes into play, and repining of the harnesses. They were able to do that for me.
  4. TxPlates

Believe you me, I have moments like that when I could have spent more time and didn't. He and I would talk about the SAS that was a dream of his. So I was able to make that happen (stop from replacing parts on the IFS which he had to do a lot lol). Just because she has new parts and new paint...
  5. TxPlates

Thanks MidnightRebel07, means a lot to me and the group. I in no manner mean to diminish the Trac and her historic value, only to keep her going as long as I can to honor such a great friend to all of us.
  6. TxPlates

I kept as much of the parts I could that were original, just would have looked silly with certain parts replaced and painted and the rest dented and scratched. Believe me, I want to keep as much as possible of it as it was the way John had her (like the red grill, the emblems he took apart and...
  7. TxPlates

The Trac was actually dropped off this Friday yay! Still have some odds and ends to fix on my own, then I'll get her registered and inspected and back on the road.
  8. TxPlates

Yea I got to thinking about the delivery date as well :/ I told the shop to leave the sliders off so I can sand three down and paint them again, then I'll put them back on.
  9. TxPlates

Will be done by beginning of next week.
  10. TxPlates

So here's the latest pictures from a few weeks ago. Talked to Larry (owner of the shop where the Trac is at) and all the body work as of now is done. They've got some painting to finish and a day of putting her on the frame machine (already measured out) and should be completed with in...
  11. TxPlates

Looks like you're making out with that tree lol.
  12. TxPlates

This is part of the video caught after the Trac rolled from getting unstuck. I'm betting John would be proud it that it actually rolled over and was rescued lol, or really mad lol.
  13. TxPlates

Ok so a small update, but an update. We went out to the shop this past weekend and swapped out the drivers side from inner and outer axle, and both hubs. Then found out, it's the passenger side axles that are broken. What better time than to swap both out lol. Also, stripped the rubber floor out...
  14. TxPlates

I'm having the entire truck fixed and painted, so it'll all look brand new. Doors, cab corners etc. Going to look awesome. As far as the fiberglass fenders and bedsides, John had given to a guy he new that could fix them long long time ago in exchange for doing computer work for that guy. Dude...
  15. TxPlates

They've got the new hood, fender and door painted.
  16. TxPlates

It'd be cool for the skeletal cage but with with I'm spending on having it all fixed I may pass on it for awhile. Once it's done at the shop where she's at, she'll go back to the place that did her SAS and I'll have custom front and rear bumpers made.
  17. TxPlates

Picked up the parts Trac for a ton less than to get new and after market parts. Probaly saving me a couple grand on the rebuild, so I'm pretty pleased.
  18. TxPlates

Picked up a parts Trac a couple weekends ago and dropped it off at the shop to swap out what they need.
  19. TxPlates

Got a new tailgate in yesterday.
  20. TxPlates

Well I went and put the deposit down on the Trac so they'll start working on it. I decided on having everything fixed, they're going to make her look brand new. Still need to find a tailgate though, the price they quoted for a used one was way more than I wanted to pay. They'll be sending me...
  21. TxPlates

Dropped her off at the body shop yesterday afternoon. Waiting on two different quotes, one to just fix the damage that occurred, and one to make her look new again. We'll see.
  22. TxPlates

No actual suspension damage or frame from what I can tell. It did break an axle shaft and hub but that broke before and that's why it was stuck lol. All body damage. Need both mirrors, both tailamps, new windshield. On the list to actually replace with the above mentioned items, bed, left...
  23. TxPlates

Well I know it's been a while. And there's a reason. Long story short, Trac had to be pulled out of a tight spot and rolled. Anyone want to donate some parts for the rebuild?
  24. TxPlates

Hidden Falls, Marble Falls, TX - November 30, 2013

Rock Trac should be ready to go for this for her maiden SAS voyage. Looks like we'll be having a Pinzgauer there, too.
Back