Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. DMG632

6 weeks for service?

Just a quick update regarding my Sport's rack and pinion issues. I have been to the dealer 3 times in the last 3 months and each time they say they have no record of my past visit's (no paperwork in the computer). I called Ford's Premium Care and they say that the dealer never made a claim for...
  2. DMG632

6 weeks for service?

Another up-date: A local Les Schawb can install the new rack & pinion........... BUT (2 buts) the new rack & pinion has to be programed by a Ford dealer and a dealer did a search for the rack & pinion and none are available in the country. I thought about trading the 2016 in for a new explorer...
  3. DMG632

6 weeks for service?

I understand that, BUT even 3 weeks is better that Ford's 6 weeks. Now I have to hope the parts are in-stock at Ford! I guess if you need repairs done this is the wrong time with COVID and everyone working from home or not wanting to work at all :oops:
  4. DMG632

6 weeks for service?

Just a quick update. I called Ford customer care and explained; The dealer I bought the explorer was sold, the dealer that bought it has now closed up for good and now the 3 dealers within 35 miles are all on a 6 week wait for service. After explaining my problem to 3 people, I may have a...
  5. DMG632

6 weeks for service?

It's been a while since posting on the forum. But now I have a question. My rack & pinion is making nose at low speed (clunking) it's still under warranty (7-year premium care) and the dealers around me are making appointments for September. That's 6 weeks out! Is anyone else experiencing this...
  6. DMG632

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

First the LCQ-1 is not a DSP, it is a line out converter with EQ built-in. I have tried to use the LCQ-1 (still have one on the shelf somewhere) and it has always put noise in my system. That maybe why he's saying it's junk.
  7. DMG632

You are 100% correct.... it adds up very quickly! Doing it right the first time will save you money in the long run.
  8. DMG632

FRONT SPEAKERS: Have you thought about doing component speakers with a separate tweeter (to replace the stock one)? The separate tweeter helps raise the sound stage even using the stock location. REAR SPEAKERS: If I was to do my system again I would forget the rear speakers altogther, just to...
  9. DMG632

2016 Ex Sport Sync 2 (MFT) audio overhaul

I have no "noise" or "pops" in my system! A lot of the times floor noise or pops can be traced back to the install (grounding issues or cable runs) or not properly adjust the amp gain (to high). We installed the pack unit in a Explorer with MFT and it had no noise or pops I have no...
  10. DMG632

2016 Ex Sport Sync 2 (MFT) audio overhaul

I'm using the bit One HD and it's worked to perfection. bit One HD | Audison - car audio processors, amplifiers and speakers Another interface choice would be the PAC AMPPRO, it retains all the factory stuff. Search by Vehicle - PAC You might also get some ABS plastic to cover several large...
  11. DMG632

JHO Rear Tailgate LED Lights

BUT you do get a $2.00 coupon, so shipping is only $120.00.
  12. DMG632

Anyone Cross Shop Durango SRT vs ST?

Well your just full of ……….. good news on this Monday morning. Hopefully it did not take 7 weeks to get them due to back orders, yet I was the only one that had a problem with the coil packs.
  13. DMG632

Anyone Cross Shop Durango SRT vs ST?

I haven't crossed shopped the Durango SRT, I'm looking at the Audi SQ5. The only Dodge I've owned was a 2012 RAM (yes it had a hemi); owned it 7 months, 7,000 miles and in the shop 7 times, last time it was in there for 7 weeks. All for the same reason, coil packs, in total I have 39 new coil...
  14. DMG632

The easiest way to find out is look on your "door card", if you have a separate tweeter (up by the sail panel) you will have your answer.
  15. DMG632

El_Chapo; the first thing to check is your ground, with a poor ground you can get a lot of hiss. You might also look at the output levels of the LCQ-1 if these are set to high it can cause the problems you are experiencing. When you are setting the equalizer pots I like to "cut" the frequencies...
  16. DMG632

You can get "full range" output from the front speakers & easiest. You might explain what isn't right with your install. I have used the Audio Control LCQ-1 on other car installs and have had problems with a high floor noise, even with the gains turned way down.
  17. DMG632

Brakes inconsistent / not smooth at low speed?

In the last review I read last week they said the brakes are more like a "on/off switch". So maybe your brakes are working as designed.
  18. DMG632

Roof Rail Separating

Hi Mary, I have had the same problem along with many others. At first the dealer only replaced the top part of the roof rail, but it was still loose. So they ordered the complete roof rail (top and bottom mounting parts and that did solve the problem. Some people still have the issue, but in...
  19. DMG632

Aftermarket wheels

If I remember correctly (and that's a big if since I don't remember what I had for dinner) the Velgens came with the correct measurements so they don't need the hub-centric rings.
  20. DMG632

Disappointed With Ford Sevice

Yes Peter you are right, what I didn't say; while checking in the sport I told the service writer that I would pay for the 4 wheel alignment if it was needed. 3 days after picking up the car, I went on the freeway and I could tell it was out of whack, Always moving the steering wheel left and...
  21. DMG632

Disappointed With Ford Sevice

ALL the dealers near me suck! This is why I will not be buying a new Explorer ST. I went in for the rear toe link replacement, the dealer aligned the rears but not the front (I asked for the print out after the work was done and the "printer was broken"). I talked with the general manager of...
  22. DMG632

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Nice! Are those the bronze wheels? Lower it and make your wife real happy :)
  23. DMG632

Hoodwink, I have not done any work on the 2018 so it's hard to answer your questions. When I did...

Hoodwink, I have not done any work on the 2018 so it's hard to answer your questions. When I did my install I chose what I thought would work best foe me. If I was to redo my system I would use the amppro integration, this would provide 5Volt output to the amp/amps or a DSP along with RCA...
  24. DMG632

2020 Explorer

CR added $10,000.00 of options and then says it feels like it should be a around $40,000.00. I like Lucy's review much better (from the Peanuts cartoon) she says it should be around a 5 cents
Back