Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Swapping motors and PATS

Ok, quick question. If I swap the motor "only" from one 99 explorer to another 99 explorer, leaving the pcm and wiring in tact, then I won't have to do any reprogramming, correct? Thank you.
  2. H

floor board seems to get hot ???

it seems like the floor board is getting rather hot these days. After driving for a while, (recent change from tennis shoes to sandals) could explain it I suppose..... my question being, is this a normal occurrence or can it indicate a problem? Engine temp gage shows it's staying in a normal...
  3. H

radiator model interchangeability

I have a 96 explorer 4.0 that needs a radiator. Can anyone tell me if the radiator from my 99 4.0 explorer will fit and work properly? I bought a radiator from pick and pull but it also leaks. I bought the 99 to use for parts. But before I tear it all apart I thought I would ask. Thanks
  4. H

my question is... plugs, wires, and misfire condition

Ok. Sorry if there is already answers to this but I can't find it so I'm asking for ideas. 96 Explorer I had a #6 misfire. I changed the coil pack(w/new) changed plugs and wires.. Now I have a #4 misfire. Could i have possible just not gotten the wires seated all the way? It runs fairly...
  5. H

Hello all

Just got a 96 2 door 4.0, V6 4X4 Explorer. And I also bought a 99 4 door ($100) I couldn't resist. It has at least two GOOD tires on it and the spare is brand new, still has the little rubber nubbies. I figured the tires alone were worth a 100. My lil red needs a few parts like the roof rack...
Back