Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Check Charging System after installing new alternator

I am having the exact same issue and have basically gone through the same diagnostic approach trying to clean or isolate parts of the charging system. I am taking from this post that you just put in a motocraft alternator in leu of the reman and the problem went away?
  2. D

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

O i didn't notice that they replaced the angle sensor and then after that they had to replace the steering gear. I believe that a rack is the traditional hydraulic name and steering gear is the electric version.
  3. D

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

I have had the steering rack replaced last year but now im getting these symptoms and turning the car on and off seems to reset the problem. Did the angle sensor fix the issue for you?
  4. D

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

I would just get it done at a dealership or an actual lockshop. It will be a little more to get the keys cut there but whenever i have had a set done at a hardware store the guy usually is 1/3 on success. My dealership was more than willing to program the car and cut the keys, but they...
  5. D

Good warranty service

No the paint has something wrong with it on the passenger door and when it heats up it becomes more pronounced. The service rep said the arm rest issue is common and is just a design failure. If mine does it again I'm going to pull them off and have an upholstery shop do them right with...
  6. D

Good warranty service

Pleasantly surprised with my dealer last week. My 3 year warranty expires today but last weekend i noticed that the armrest on the door had split open so i dropped the car off while i was at work to get looked at. Mentioned at the counter that the hood had some bubbling along the edge and the...
  7. D

purchasing husky liners

The weathertechs definitely lose shape over time. My silverado floor mats are getting near dangerous tripping levels with a few of the corners, and i take meticulous car of my vehicles.
  8. D

purchasing husky liners

I prefer to buy that stuff right from the manufacturer site. I never find a significantly cheaper price anywhere else on WeatherTech or Husky than the official site but get better service long term if i use them directly. I have the Husk three rows in my wife's explorer and they are much...
  9. D

TPMS antenna Do you happen to have part #'s for the longer range antenna?
  10. D

These things dont inspire confidence in the dealer I had a similar experience as has been described here but since I couldn't get OEM remotes afford ably I just brought in aftermarket remotes for the dealer to program and turn on remote start. After a disagreement over whether its possible...
Back