Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Ordered a Torsen for my D35 today...

No, I'm not joking. Yes I really did order it. Rick Barnes returned my call today to inform me that they just received their first batch of diffs. Lucky for me today was pay day! $490 + 15 shipping & handeling. It won't be available on their web site until end of the month and is a "drop...
  2. R

R37... Time for my 4.0 build

Well I finally decided to go ahead with the 4.0 OHV build. Some of you may recall my thread where I was Debating a 4.0L SOHC/5.0L motor swap. All of the comments were considered and despite what a lot of you were recommending, I stuck with my block. My engine was lacking some serious power and...
  3. R

95-01 Heads - 95TM vs 98TM vs Alabama New Castings

I recently recieved a set of heads from Alabama Cylinder Heads. I got my motor pull out and noticed that the exhaust ports on my stock 1996 4.0 heads are much larger than those which are on the new Alabama stock replacement heads. The heads that BBK and JBA sell for a 95-98 4.0 have 1 5/8"...
  4. R

R37, IFS gear box install

So I will be doing my 5.0 swap soon and want to take care of this other problem which has been plaguing my 35s and I for some time now...rack 'n pinion I really like the way Toyota did their IFS and am considering trying to mimic this. What I like is that it keeps all the steering components...
  5. R

Debating a 4.0L SOHC/5.0L motor swap…input is appreciated

I currently have a 4.0L OHV sitting in my engine bay. I has 200k on it and a blown lower intake gasket. I bought the gasket from Ford and started tearing apart the top of the motor when I realized the valve covers gotta come off. After seeing this I started thinking about changing springs...
  6. R

A miracle? Blown lower intake on a 1200 mile trip!

Alright, I took my truck with 200k to Fl April 16-22, 1150 miles one way. Well, when we got down there we noticed a very minor coolant leak from inbetween the firewall and the back of the motor and decided to chance it back home. We started filling her up with water every 120 miles which...
  7. R

Master Cylinder PSI upgrade?

I'm going to be getting 35s soon and have been reading a lot about upgrading the brakes on the X...you can't. My truck already stops crappy with my 31s on it and 35s I can bet will be horrible. Precision Brake quoted me $6500 to custom design a new front brake setup, thats out of the...
  8. R

Factory keyless entry/alarm/lights FUBAR

My '96 has the keyless entry option in addition to the key pannel on the driverside door. The alarm/theft light does not work and the headlights don't flash when locked with the remote. Here is what is going on: -When I lock the truck twice with the remote the horn sounds but lights don't...
  9. R

WTF is this in my 4R70W trans???

Ok i have no idea what this is...i was just changing my trans filter and found this laying in the bottom of the pan! any ideas?
  10. R

RCD lift kit PURCHASED!!!!! no more tortion bars 4 me!

hey guys guess what...IM GETTING RID OF MY TORTION BARS just got an RCD kit the Friday before last from redranger4.0! I drove all the way to connecticut to pick this baby up, got a lil tan while i was there too :) i believe i will soon be the first exploder with a front RCD suspension (plz...
  11. R

O2 simulators? What do YOU use? Mine doesn't work

I hollowed out my cat on my '96 X 4.0L OHV and installed an O2 simulator. It just connected between the O2 connector and the trucks wiring harness for the O2. Well the P0420 code "catalyst efficiency below threshold" error keeps cropping up every 200-800 miles. I dunno what to do. The kit...
  12. R

Which trans comes with the 5.0 and 4.0 OHV?

Kinda need an answer on this quickly...by Monday the 18th :mad: Can anyone tell me which trans comes with my 1996 4.0 OHV with the 2WD, 4WD Auto, and 4WD Low option? VIN 1FMDU34X2TUD41746 I called Ford and they said its one of these 3 A4LD/4R44E/4R55E. They said that all 3 trannys use...
  13. R

ALL 3 O2 Heater elements went bad at same time!

I have a '96 explorer with 189,000 miles on it and suddenly I got a check engine light. So I promptly took it to the local auto parts store to run a scanner on it. It came up: bad O2 heating element Bank 1, Sensor 1 bad O2 heating element Bank 1, Sensor 2 bad O2 heating element Bank 2, Sensor...
  14. R

'4WD Auto' and '4WD Low' lights flash 6 times

1st off, I just recently found this site and it has renewed my excitement about my exploder. I appreciate that :D . I do have a few questions about some issues with my explorer I was hoping you all could help me answer. I have a '96 XLT 4.0 with 189,000 miles on it. It runs GREAT and I like to...
Back