Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

power window motor removal?

Hi all, I have had my passenger side power window motor replaced early last year and last week the same one has Bremen again (makes a clunk noises as it try's to go up/down though the gear skips) Is there something else that is breaking the motor or what? Two motors in the space of 10 months...
  2. J

2000 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 SOHC Tune-Up Ideas

Hi everyone, Wasn't sure where to post this though I installed a led light bar 6 months ago using a relay hooked up to high beam and seperate switch near the steering wheel to turn on or off when I have hibeam on as well. Though I washed my car today and came back to the garage to notice that...
  3. J

SEVEN40iL's '98 Sport Mod Thread

Do you know how much of a lift just the rear and front shocks gave you mate? I have 2" lift from tt/aal and shackles at the moment. I want at least 1.5-2" more. Cheers, Jake
  4. J

Which shocks for my Lifted '01 explorer sport?

Do you mean flattened rear leafs from say my extended shackles that I put on that are making my leafs nearly flat? If I put those shocks on you are saying that it would make them bend up a little more? Or am I lost? Haha Thanks again, Jake
  5. J

Leaking Cargo Window??

I took of the whole window and put weatherproof adhesive tape where the original stuff was to keep out the water. Just waiting for it to rain so I can see if I fixed it...
  6. J

Which shocks for my Lifted '01 explorer sport?

Can I lift my 96 ex with just shock absorbers? If so what type? I want around 2" lift I have already don't 2" TT/ aal&shackles. Thanks all, Jake
  7. J

How to: Install Your Own Shocks

Can I lift my 96 ex with just shock absorbers? If so what type? I want around 2" lift I have already don't 2" TT/ aal&shackles. Thanks all, Jake
  8. J

Leaking Cargo Window??

Hi all, I have a bit of a space around the edges of the rear window that I just fixed using adhesive weather proof tape. Would a bit of silicone in the gaps be alright for this? Cheers Jake
  9. J

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

I did a 2.5" torsion twist and 2.5" add a leaf and shackles at the rear and could only fit 31x10.5x15 muddies on my 96 XLT because the 32" tires would rub on the upper ball joint on the control arm... What gives? Need a wheel spacer or do they make 32x10.5x15? Cheers, Jake
  10. J

How To: Fix Recliner Lever for FREE

I have drilled out both of the rivers and the big Spring has seemed to untension itself?? It is still attached though I cannot recline the seat anymore.. How can I fix this?
  11. J

Rear quarter window replacement.

Thank you! Yes I did this today Awaiting for it to rain whilst I am at work to test it out haha Bloody explorers
  12. J

I have a leak at the middle top of the driver side rear cargo (quarter) window whenever I wash the car or have a heavy down pour of rain. Should I unbolt then pry off the seal from the inside or outside? And with when tool do I use to pry with?
  13. J

Do you need to silicon the new window up again or just bolt it?
  14. J

How to: How to change Transfer Case rear output seal

Hi all, Is the t-case nearly central to the car underneath? If not when it the consonant that is pretty much central under the vehicle? Thanks, Jake
  15. J

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Hi all, How accurate are these measurements? I have put in add a lea and shackles to lift rear up from 81cm-89cm then torsion twisted front from 82-87.5cm. How will I know that the 32" tires won't rub against the bull bar or anything like that when I turn? Is there a way I can measure...
  16. J

Anybody added aux reverse lights like this?

I have a question. Can I just add an extra wire to the existing reverse light wire going to my added reverse light then an earth? Without a fuse and all the hassle or will I blow the original fuse? Thanks heaps guys, Jake
  17. J

Cruise Control switch light?

So it doesn't have one? As I just looked hah
  18. J

explorer 96 cruise control is working but light on dash board panel does not work!

Does the 96 XLT explorer has a cruise control light on the dash to tell you that is is either on/off because mine doesn't? Thanks, Jake
  19. J

Cruise Control - Melted On / Off Switch

Does the 96 XLT explorer has a cruise control light on the dash to tell you that is is either on/off because mine doesn't? Thanks, Jake
  20. J

Cruise Control switch light?

21. J

1996 versus 1997 cruise control.

Is there a thread on how to do this? Step by step with pictures? Thanks heaps, Jake
  22. J

I am confused as to how to wire it all up separately on the dash? Does that mean I can just leave it all all the time even when I turn the car off and on again it will be on?
  23. J

How to Remove stock steering wheel and install aftermarket wheel on 95-01 Explorers

How do you rewire cruise control to the dash? Thanks heaps, Jake
  24. J

How would I go about doing that? Do you know?
  25. J

Hi all, Is there a way to make cruise control to automatically switch on in m 96 XLT explorer when I start the engine? It is just that the on switch is so fragile and I have gone through 3 Switches because of it. Thanks heaps, Jake
Back