Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Cracking sound climate control panel

First time seeing this on the Forums... so I thought I was all alone. My has been doing this for a while now... usually occurs more on hot days.. Sometimes when I'm at a light and the sun is coming directly onto the dash.. it will make some noise. I just assumed it was because of the plastic...
  2. M

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Do you have any pics you can show? I'm thinking about order the H&R's as well. I thought the drops were 1.25 front and 1.65 rear... maybe yours still needs some settling time?
  3. M

After I received my WT's.. I called them about my 2nd row. The side do appear to fold in and not lay against the sides. I had emailed them and sent them pictures... They responded indicating that it is a "minor" deformity and that I should remove the Floorliners and lay them upside down...
  4. M

3rd Row Power Button cover / disable switch needed

Finally arrived in the mail... on for a few days now. Seems to be sticking with no problem... https://www.flickr.com/photos/132601527@N08/shares/JH05Nz https://www.flickr.com/photos/132601527@N08/shares/9J78uj
  5. M

So.. since I've bought the Sport in August...: - Tinted Windows (5% rears and 20% fronts) - Explorer cargo mats (3rd row and rear cargo) - Weathertech floor liners (front, 2nd row & 3rd row) - Weathertech Window Deflectors - Yakima Roof Basket - Front and Rear Molded Splash Guards - All...
  6. M

Corrupt files on USB Flash Drive... Can't Delete them!!

Thanks to all the suggestions above.... Since then.. I've been loading musing from my mac to the FD and then just sticking the FD into a PC and deleting the ".-" files. I haven't seen the pop up after doing this process. I do have a follow up question... I have about 5K songs loaded up on the...
  7. M

I'm still waiting for mine... But thanks for the update on the tape! Let me know what you finally end up doing. Mine is schedule to arrive 10/15-10/29.... about a month delivery time.
  8. M

I actually ended up ordering this. Still waiting for it to arrive from China. Looks like it's a good solution without any wiring
  9. M

Problem with vehicle health report

I tried running a vehicle health report for the first time. I couldn't get it to run/complete. It would run. Then try to make a call to an (888) number but doesn't go through because the number doesn't work. Then the call ends and then it says that the report can't be completed...
  10. M

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Yes. The LED from DriveBright includes map, 2nd row and 3rd row cargo (by power fold buttons). I got the Kit, 3rd row dome, puddle and license plate lights from DriveBright. Pretty happy with them. Only exception was the license plate bulbs were a little yellow so I had to go and get...
  11. M

I have had this happen to me a few times.... Luckily with little or nothing inside.... But did manage to fold up my cargo liner. I agree that some sort of plastic flip cover would be ideal... But in the interim... Maybe the fuse would be the next best thing? Which fuse would it be?
  12. M

Rear Bumper Protectors

I too have this on my Sport... however I opted to put it on myself vs have the Dealer do it as I knew they wouldn't put it all the way to the edge of the bumper. I placed my up the edge of the bumper so that its covered and protected.
  13. M

Thanks lyhmes! So if in just stick the drive in a PC.. I can just delete those ._files?
  14. M

chefduane: Yes... it's the first time using a Flash Drive. I've been using my iPod which I really don't have any issues with except that it's always indexing... even though I leave it plugged in all the time. Sometimes it's quick.. but sometimes it take quite some time to finish.. then has to...
  15. M

Thanks for the reply guys... but I know for a fact that it wasn't installed by my Mac nor was it preinstalled on the flash drive. I reformatted the drive so there was nothing on it. I did see the hidden files as I enabled to see them on my Mac. Here's what the file names look like... My...
  16. M

I put 8 mp3's on a flash drive just to test out if it would work in the Explorer (MFT) As soon as i put it in.. I got the error "corrupt files can't be played" (something of that sort). I hit the browse and searched ALL music on the Flash Drive. All of my 8 mp3's were there and I can choose it...
  17. M

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I just received the front, 2nd and 3rd row liners from WT. Good fit. Buckled a little around the edges so hoping those will flat out in a few days under the sun. I did get the Ford cargo area mat (behind the 3rd row area when the seats are up). It nice as it says "Explorer" on it. I also got...
  18. M

Lowering the Explorer

Thanks Slicky! BTW.. which springs did you install? and how much did it lower the front and back?
  19. M

Lowering the Explorer

Just wondering if anyone lowered their 16 Sport and can provide any info on the ride quality. Looking to get the H&R's for my 16 Sport, but wanted to see if it would sacrifice the ride in any way (more bumpy, stiffer, etc). I've read through some of the Lowering threads but couldn't find any...
  20. M

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

OK.. So COTUS had an ETA of 6/26. As of today.. it's still awaiting shipment and now that 6/26 has passed, COTUS is not longer showing an ETA. I've reached out to my Dealer but have not received a response yet. I've also reached out to Ford Service and they say that there are no updates as of...
  21. M

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

Ordered my Sport on 4/11. Build Date 6/4/16 Delivery to San Francisco Bay Area per COTUS.. it's awaiting shipment (been at that stage since 6/8) I received a voicemail from my Dealer saying that it would be here this week. Is there anyway to find out if my Sport has left Chicago and/or a way...
  22. M

Want to order a 2017 platinum

My order was placed on 4/11. Dealer say build date week of 5/30. COTUS has estimated deliver of 6/27. I've had my VIN since a week after order. So I'm assuming this is the norm?
  23. M

2017 ordering

Really? That's wierd.. I just tried it now with Platinum and Base. Platinum Base MSRP was $53235 Base Model was $29525
  24. M

2017 ordering

Try going to edmunds.com at the top of the page chose make model and year. the next page there will be some tabs.. click on the "MORE" tab.. then click on the "Build and Price" Here you can build out the 17 with all the options you want. Once done.. it will give you BOTH MSRP and LIST...
Back