Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

The rare case of synthetic oil

http://oilguru.com.my/web/blog/millers-oils-nanodrive-oil-test/
  2. C

http://store.tmcindustries.com/assets/images/pdf%20files/PDS%20NanoLub%20LiX%202%20EPTMC.pdf
  3. C

Buy this right now. https://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/nano-grease/nano-grease-gold-brand-blue-grease/ It's the best anti-friction grease made for $3 a tube!!
  4. C

For what it's worth, I consider Millers Nano Drive and Amsoil to be the two best oils out there and Archoil and Nanolub the two best additives. I also recommend a magnetic drain plug on everything that holds fluid. Dimple drain plugs are nice. I'd install a pre-oiler if a work truck if I lived...
  5. C

But really though, the AW/AF additives and the weight of the oil are what effects hp, not really if it's synthetic or not. If I put IF-WS2 in a conventional oil and compared it with a top shelf synthetic oil with the same weight, I bet the conventional oil would make more hp. What systhetics are...
  6. C

You are just spoiling my sarcasm with your facts! lol
  7. C

quarts low at the track. Poor mans way to reduce windage
  8. C

'I've heard of guys running 2
  9. C

When was the last time you had your butt-dyno calibrated btw? That could be throwing off your readings..
  10. C

One more thing I just thought of.. maybe you just got a bad batch of synthetic oil? Someone could have forgotten to but in the antiwear/antifriction package at the plant on the certain lot that you got?? Not say that's definately what happend but it does explain the loss of power you...
  11. C

I only use amsoil or whatever synthetic oil I happen to find a good deal on so I can't comment about any power losses or gains going from blended to full syn oil but where I do notice a change in power and responsiveness is when the oil is on low. I can't really explain it as you would think...
  12. C

Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Explorer) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED

Tell them it needs a 5.0L in it and to fire everyone who is not doing their job. Tell them they need to bring John Coletti back and put him in charge of the Explorer Program. He knows how to make stuff happen. Then the Explorer will be where it should be. I promise. :burnout:
  13. C

February EF Lottery

It is a hard top shell. The Centaurus Explorer was a short lived conversion "High Top" model made in 96-97. The extra head room is nice when sleeping in the back. You can sit up straight when the seats are down with room to spare. I took the TV and VCR out and use the empty space for...
  14. C

February EF Lottery

Okay, okay...I'll play! But just this one time..;) Blue Ridge Parkway a few weeks ago.
  15. C

July EF Lottery

Setting up for the party.
  16. C

My New, New 347

Yeah.. but.. hearing idle power 200' away and seeing 200' black marks up close are two separate things.. I propose the op exhibit 600hp from the new motor or it never happened! :chug:
  17. C

Section525's '97 V8 AWD v4.0?

Dude, I'd keep that as is and fix it up as you go. Every 2nd gen fanatic needs a cheap clean trusty stocker on standby they can hop in and do whatever with while their other four (or more) are torn apart..:D There has got to be a wrecked one you can find for harnesses and such. I think soon...
  18. C

"Tow whatever the hell you want" - New Ranger Pulling 20 Caravans

:laugh: And he'll probably get towed there by a Geo Metro! :thumbsup:
  19. C

"Tow whatever the hell you want" - New Ranger Pulling 20 Caravans

Meanwhile, Seen a Trailblazer tow a Semi on an icy/hard pack road in -7 (-27 with windchill) today, on a public (not closed) road.
  20. 0616171337a

0616171337a

21. C

For Sale Lot of Obsolete 5.0L Parts

Hey EFers, I've been making changes and cleaning house. Getting rid of some parts I thought some of you 2nd gen guys may be interested in before I post them elsewhere. I would like to sell this all as a lot if possible. These are all for a 5.0L 2nd Gen and many are now hard to find.. Hy-Vo...
  22. C

My 95 exp sport

Could have a place that makes canvas boat covers make a snap-on topper for the back.. Rivet the snaps right into the body.. That is if you needed one.. like lived in a state that rains.. Just thinking out loud.. Good to see you back! :chug:
  23. C

Recommend stock AT tires (Michelin discontinued)

Was looking for deals and came across this.. https://www.walmart.com/ip/BFGoodrich-Rugged-Terrain-T-A-Tire-P235-75R15-XL-108T/680065983?athcpid=680065983&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=d61e5e17-dbc-167296b29506d7&athena=true BFGoodrich Rugged...
Back