Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yeah I really like the wheels good choice.
  2. X

2003 4.6L 281ci 2V Aluminum Block

^^ & the Crankshaft position sensor on those 4.6’s have caused them to cut off while driving as far as I’ve heard from others.
  3. X

2002 Explorer Lift and Tire Size

eBay/amazon have them. BTF suspension has them if you’d like to pay alittle more. Ford
  4. X

Alittle help

I have the 2.75” spacers you front and 2.25” in the rear, And 33” 265/70/17 tires. My front sway bars are completely toast and they’re only about 40k miles old. I know people Will tell me that’s the average life of that part with my setup and that’s fine. But are there any aftermarket or just...
  5. X

2003 4.6L 281ci 2V Aluminum Block

Will the engine crank over? Cutting off on the ride home cld be ECU related or hopefully knock on wood none of the parts you used were defective or replaced incorrectly.
  6. X

Photos 3rd gen pic's

275/70/17 Forceum MT 10 Ply mud tires on Btf suspension lift w new upper control arms
  7. X

33” tires

Thanks, stock ass 4.0 , 3.55 gears and it’s already not that quick so you’d be correct. Already have 2, the other two are on the way getting pretty much whole front suspension redone w moog when I get them mounted will be before Christmas. Mainly want them for the extra ride height as I’m 6’1...
  8. X

33” tires

Got some gonna get em installed soon was jw what kinda mpg others may be getting w similar setup? Not gonna stop me just be nice to know ahead of time lol
  9. X

Rear axle leaking....again.

How bad is the leak? My front axle shaft and diff have been sealed back up twice since I’ve owned and they keep coming back to leaking but I honestly love and rely on the vehicle and the drip is so slow it can’t keep up with the amount of maintenance I do. I also beat the crap out of it at times...
  10. X

2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 adding Quicklift

What’s the part number for that
  11. X

Gen 3 Lift Pics

Where is this?
  12. X

A/C vent or vents feel clogged.

Much appreciated! Mushrooms thing is crazy I sure hope not for mine. After this hurricane I’ll take out the glovebox and inspect that flap and possibly install a cover as you did, because when I want outdoor air I just roll the windows and sunroof down. My grandpa has an 02 and he said after...
  13. X

Also possibly a blend door or a duct that has closed and remain closed and needs to be opened manually?
  14. X

I was just wondering anyone could put their two cents in I do not have an air filter or anything like that that is able to get clogged so it makes me believe something is clogged along the air duct system because I have a new blower motor my A/C system runs great it does blow cold air and on 4...
  15. X

Misfire

Was it by chance a Cheap after market coil pack? I’ve seen those become a nightmare. Also motorcraft plugs are the best.
  16. X

Engine noise

Harmonic balancer? Doesn’t sound god awful like any serious banging or knocks then again could be upload quality.
  17. X

Front quick strut

A piece of wood on top of the jack underneath the bottom of the strut may help compress it alittle easier, if the shock absolutely will not compress for you it’s best not to try anything dangerous it could be an old defective strut or something else. Worst case scenario put the old one back on...
  18. X

Update on my build (who cares right)?

New black Headlight housings accompanied with some LED bulbs really made her front end look the best it has in years. Ripped off my step bars for more clearance even with weathertech the inside gets pretty dirty now due to that. Oh yeah, and probably one of the few 3rd gens in my area with a...
  19. X

Saleen Series 2 on Explorer?

Can I buy it or pay you to do it mine?
  20. X

ISO Body spacers please help

Thank you I appreciate it, dumb question but will these provide any lift? I’ve seen where others have used the PA-883 body spacer lift kit sorry if I wasn’t clear initially I want to achieve about 1.5” of body lift
  21. X

ISO Body spacers please help

I’ve looked online and am having trouble finding the body mount spacers for our trucks and I know with age these may be fewer and far between. I plan to pay my local shop to install I’m just looking to buy the kit if someone would please drop a link. I already have the 3” suspension leveling kit...
  22. X

Sunroof deflector for 02-05 3rd gen Explorer ??

Your best bet may be an AVS or weather tech sunroof wind deflector they are relatively cheap on eBay and if you smoke from time to time as I do the sunroof deflector makes smoking with the sunroof cracked in the rain possible. AVS is around 20-30 weathertech will be 100$+ but will come with the...
  23. X

Aftermarket bumper

Depending on your price range EBay has some v nice options from cheap but good bull bars and brush guards w headlamp protectors (130-250$) range all the way to the brand names like Aries and Go Rhino (500$ range) (I have an Aries)
  24. X

Photos 3rd gen pic's

So you have no idea the vehicle your grill was originally made for? Was it a custom fit only for our explorers. I’m comfortable trimming sanding and making it work but I’d find comfort in having an idea. The 04-08 F-150 grill is close as my buddy has one though yes they are larger. No offense...
  25. X

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Hey man what grill is that? 04-08 F-150 Raptor grill? I’m going to do my own conversion and would like to know the platform you used
Back