Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Anyone SAS a 3rd gen yet??????

Havent ever seen one done.Have any of you guys seen a 3rd gen with a SAS front and rear??
  2. G

Who has the biggest first gen????

So who has it and lets see some pics:D
  3. G

nissan rear???????

I have a waggy dana 44 frontend for my SAS project for my 94 explorer.Its 6 lug and I think thats cool.After pricing everything I need to upgrade the rear to 6 lug axles,rotors,gears,locker,etc-$1000.00++ I decided there has to be a better way.I did a little research and found that the nissan...
  4. G

What transfer case?????

My dad just gave me a 1994 explorer that has been in the family for quite a while.It is 2 wheel drive right now but I want to convert it 4X4.I have all the front end stuff and have a lead on the trans.I want a manual transfercase.Which one should I be looking for and what do they come in...
  5. G

What front end for SAS???

Im thinking of doing the SAS.Is there a frontend that doesnt need to be narrowed or that is the same width as stock??Looking for the LEAST amount of hassles.
  6. G

T-5 swap in 4X4

I read somewhere on here that someone had a 1rst gen. explorer 4X4 with a T-5 trans swapped in.Whats the deal with this?What bellhousing?What transfercase,etc?
  7. G

How wide is the explorer rearend????????

Drum to drum(or disc to disc)how wide is it?I need something to put in a 1971 mustang.Thanks guys!
  8. G

Anyone done the spindle flip?????

Ive heard the theory,but havent seen it done.Will it work with an 18 inch wheel?It looks like it would be mighty tight with a 18 inch wheel.
  9. G

Any Intrest In X Upper Control Arms

We all know that ranger upper arms are not the anser for the camber/balljoint problems of the explorer.I have a friend that owns a mustang/chassis shop in Fl.He builds 25-1 tube chassis race cars and such.He was one of the first to build k-members/tubular control arms for mustangs.Anyways I was...
  10. G

MAC cat back???

Has anyone used this kit?How does it sound?
  11. G

Steeda Swaybar???

They make one for the front for 98-up X.Has anyone tried these????
  12. G

Saleen Explorer Experts Needed!!

Im new to the X thing but have been into mustangs forever.Here is my problem-I know that the saleen mustang wheels(18inch)have a different offset front to rear.The reason for this is to keep the back wheels from being tucked in.Did the Saleen XP8 Explorer have different offsets front to rear...
  13. G

tire size on saleen explorer

I know they had 18 inch wheels but what size tires did they come with?I want to buy some of those saleen replica wheels for my 98 X and I dont know what size tire to buy.255/55/18???maybe?
Back